An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Catholic and Protestant Vote in US Elections.

White Knight

White Knight

Hey everyone, I noticed. during the 2004 Election which was my first election to vote in ever, since my 18th Birthday in 2002. Anyway to the point.

I noticed that 70-80% of Protestants Voted for Bush last year to relect him for president. Now I remember in 2000 even though I could not vote that year, I remember seeing More and More Protestants and Catholics Vote Democrat.

Yet that changed with last year's election. My Question is.

If the Catholic Vote has this thing with the 5 uncompremizable issues, then why is it alot of them vote Democratic? [b]When the Democratic Party is For Abortion, Homosexual Rights/Marriage, Enthunasia, I forget the othe two. but why is it Alot of Catholics vote Democrat, when this party opposes the 5 uncompremizeable issues?[/b] Is it out of ignorance? or is it the fact that alot of them dont vote by the Faith and Moral issues?

[b]I'm not attacking anyone's Faith or anything like that, if it sounds this way I appoligize.[/b]

Now Last years Elections I "heard" a All time low for Catholics Voting Democratic that Election Year, but they instead voted Republican/Conservative, Because of the Issues of the year.
Same with the Protestant Christian Vote, All time low for both Catholics and Protestants to vote Democratic, Most voted Republican Last Year, Because of the important Moral and Faith Issues of last Year.

This goes back to my main question

Why is it alot of Protestants and Catholics Vote Democratic, when the Democratic Party is opposed to the right answers on Faith and Moral Issues.

[b]Thank You and God Bless.[/b]

Edited by White Knight

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 22 2005, 05:28 PM']Many Catholics are not serious about their Faith, but are Catholics in name only.
[right][snapback]654830[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Unfortunately that is true. :(

White Knight

I guess people aren't willing to talk about it right now, then again I can't blame them I got kind of sick of the 2004 Showdown Election Coverage.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Jul 23 2005, 03:42 AM']I guess people aren't willing to talk about it right now, then again I can't blame them I got kind of sick of the 2004 Showdown Election Coverage.
[right][snapback]655462[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well the simple answer is what [b]Socrates[/b] just said; many Catholics do not really practice their faith and/or not faithful to the Church's teachings. There are pro-life Democrats who are devout Catholics, doesn't mean they always vote Democrat though (same goes with Republicans).