An Old School Catholic Message Board

recieving from the cup

photosynthesis

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 23 2005, 02:15 AM']well, problem with that is that some people have illnesses where they cannot recieve the Body of Christ and need to recieve the Blood....i.e. in cases like celiac disease and disorders where people cannot digest solid food.

I don't regret recieving from the cup but I'm almost certain it's how I got  mono
[right][snapback]655442[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is so rare it need not be a consideration for the general norms. In that case I imagine the indivual could arrange to receive from the chalice. Not a problem.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Cathurian' date='Jul 23 2005, 09:56 AM']And there are some people who can't eat gluten, which is found in bread, and they can only receive the Precious Blood.
[right][snapback]655646[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Christ was wise to establish the Eucharist with two kinds.

Although reception from the chalice is not always necessary. I've known one person in my life who had this problem and I believe she just had it setup so that the priest would give her a piece of a Host, like 1/2 or 1/4. I suppose people with this condition can usually handle small quantities of bread.

The chalice itself can transmit disease, but not the sacred blood of Christ. How to resolve this issue?

Communion straws!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 23 2005, 02:10 AM']I honestly don't really care.  Having mono smells of elderberries, and i feel like carp, but I sure won't be going to recieve from the cup this Sunday, unless I want all the people in my parish between the ages of 15 and 25 to get mono.
[right][snapback]655437[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean by this. While people between 15-25 are the more common sufferers of mono, anyone can get it.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 23 2005, 03:21 AM']if babies and children recieve Communion early on, when do they first go to Confession?
[right][snapback]655447[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
when they reach the age of reason.

photosynthesis

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 23 2005, 01:19 PM']I'm not sure what you mean by this. While people between 15-25 are the more common sufferers of mono, anyone can get it.
[right][snapback]655697[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
it's definitely the group most likely to get mono, and i'm in it :(

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 23 2005, 01:31 PM']stop tryin to blame it on church... we all know you've been smoochin around! shame on you!
[right][snapback]655836[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ROFL

sorry that you got mono, it's really bad to catch. Went to school with a girl that caught it and she was in and out of school for months.

I've seen some people who had colds and stuff receive the Precious Blood :huh: Don't they know not to do that ?