An Old School Catholic Message Board

knowing you're damned

dairygirl4u2c

Do you think God would damn anyone who is not culpable of their sins, that is, who does not truly know/consent to engaging in the evil deeds that they did as sins?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anastasia13

You mean like those who have never heard of Jesus and so could not know about salvation? I think all can be forgiven except for rejecting Jesus Christ. I don't know what will happen to those who have not heard, but it's best that they have the chance to know of Him.

Edited by Light and Truth

photosynthesis

in order for a person to be in a state of mortal sin, they have to have full knowlege and full consent in regards to a particular sin. So, if the person did not have full knowledge or full consent, then they would not be in a state of mortal sin.

another factor is baptism...did this person recieve it, did they not? And if they never had the chance to be baptized, did they have the desire for it if it were available or if they knew what baptism really was?

Don John of Austria

I think this isa very strange question, however it is impossible to know who is and is not damned excepting that those 10,000 or so saints have been revealed to be in Heaven. Origional sin is plenty to be damned upon. It would be just for people to be damned for no other reason than original sin. So while I trust in God mercy it is certianly possible that people are damned who are not culpable for their actual sin; because they are still enslaved to Satan by Origional sin.