An Old School Catholic Message Board

Those in Hell

dairygirl4u2c

Did those in Hell know when they were alive that they were going to Hell?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

I do have follow up questions whatever your response may be.
spank you for your time.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

I believe some might have suspected, but it is impossible to tell really if someone KNEW...

and please don't spank me...

Undoubtably some did and some didn't.

If someone lived an unrepentantly evil life and didn't beleive in hell, this would do nothing to prevent him from going there.

I think there are some people that purposefully choose Hell over God.

I think some people choose it not so intentionally.

White Knight

Someone like Hilter, Stalin, or someone else that was truely evil, might have suspected they'd end up in Hell, because they knew their deeds were evil and didn't even except change.

I think some do, some dont. People who have heard the News of the Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Jesus Christ Our Lord and refuse to accept it, as fact or dont really do anything with it, and go on with life living a sinful life, I think these people know that there sending themselves to Hell, by their rejection of Jesus. I think these type of people know.

Others, I'm unsure, but I do think its possible for some people who are in hell now, knew they were going to go there, despite what could have happened during their lifes on Earth.

"If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts"

I think people who believe in God and CONSISTENTLY and DELIBERATELY do not respond to Him, know on some level where they are going when they die. if they are being honest with themselves.

Logically speaking why would they expect to spend eternity with Him. When they didn't want to spend their time on earth here with Him?

Brother Adam

I once heard it said that the leap from here to eternity will not be that great. That those who will be in hell basically live like it now, and those who will be in heaven basically live as such now.

photosynthesis

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 22 2005, 10:19 PM']I once heard it said that the leap from here to eternity will not be that great. That those who will be in hell basically live like it now, and those who will be in heaven basically live as such now.
[right][snapback]655163[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree. Except I really hope Heaven is better than this place.

Brother Adam

[quote name='kateri05' date='Jul 23 2005, 02:21 AM']oh great...  my life has been pretty crappy lately so that can only mean one thing :(
[right][snapback]655401[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

but do you live hopelessly without faith in Christ and the grace of God in the sacraments?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Jul 22 2005, 12:19 PM']I do have follow up questions whatever your response may be.
spank you for your time.
[right][snapback]654393[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
dairygirl!!!! :clapping:

it's been a while. how are you?

:blowkiss:

Laudate_Dominum

I would say that on some level this is true. It might not ever have been a conscious thought, but on some level of the psyche I believe there is an adequate insight into one's standing in relation to the truth of our being. I might also speculate that at death the full vision of one's situation is drawn out and the person chooses hell almost deterministically because of the totality of their life. It's hard to explain, and I'm just tossing out speculations.. more later maybe.

[quote name='kateri05' date='Jul 23 2005, 01:21 AM']oh great...  my life has been pretty crappy lately so that can only mean one thing :(
[right][snapback]655401[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

NO SWEETHEART, I said people who CONSISTENTLY and DELIBERATELY will not listen to God. THAT ISN'T YOU.

You have hit a rought patch, we all do. Can I share a year of my life with you? In 1991 I had 5 family members and 1 friend die. I was fired from two jobs, one of them was from a business that was owned by a "friend of mine." And I was divorced without my knowledge or consent (long story). :ohno:

You know you are right though when you said "that can only mean one thing." You are a threat to Satan, Satan does not go after his own. The more we struggle and some days it is a struggle to follow God. He tries to blindside us, he wants to discourage us and he wants us to stop.

I read a story about a seminary student who told one of his professors that he had reached a level in his spiritual life where Satan was no longer attacking him that his spiritual life was peaceful. I love the response his professor looked at him and said, "So how does if feel working for the enemy?"

The more we strive to reach God the more "roadblocks" Satan tends to throw in our way. I want to encourage you to keep on going, I will pray a rosary for you today.

And I want to assure you the "light at the end of the tunnel isn''t a train."
:console: