An Old School Catholic Message Board

Civil Rights

Carrie

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 10:39 AM']Nope, it wasn't meant to be offensive at all. Although I must say, you do seem to get take offense rather easily. As for your political affiliations I could care less. I was just stating what I always knew based on our past dealings. If you can align your views with that of good ol’ Teddy, John, Chucky, Hilary, and the rest, then more power to you. I just wonder if you will have a good excuse when you get to the pearly gates.
[right][snapback]660768[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That is a bit far-fetched......I am a registered Republican and I disagree with other Republicans all the time. I worked at the precinct level for the Party, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with every stance they take.

Carrie, if she chooses to become a Democrat, does not have to agree with your list. She can believe in the ideals and support the Democratic party, even work for reform from within.

I do. I speak to the Republican Party about the total eradication of abortion and unjust stem cell research all the time. Am I being a bad Republican? No. Would Carrie be a bad Democrat? No, she could be a good Democrat. Why couldn't she align with the Blue Democrats, or other Democrats like the others that I have listed, such as Delores Mertz, state representative in Iowa; or parts of the positions of Zell Miller?

I disagree with Guiliani and Whitman on abortion. I disagree with Bush on stem cell research, and abortion, as well. He is not pro-life, you know. I also disagree with him on the death penalty.

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 10:51 AM']Hardly a surprise.............................

Coming from one who thinks they are so intellectual.
[right][snapback]660786[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And that constitutes an intellectual response? I would think that is an ad hominem.....a fallacy.

Retraction please.....you have no idea as to the intelligence of hot stuff.

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 09:51 AM']Hardly a surprise.............................

Coming from one who thinks they are so intellectual.
[right][snapback]660786[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Considering I don't recall you ever challenging me on any particular issues I will make this sincere request.

Bring it on.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:54 AM']That is a bit far-fetched......I am a registered Republican and I disagree with other Republicans all the time.  I worked at the precinct level for the Party, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with every stance they take.

Carrie, if she chooses to become a Democrat, does not have to agree with your list.  She can believe in the ideals and support the Democratic party, even work for reform from within.

I do.  I speak to the Republican Party about the total eradication of abortion and unjust stem cell research all the time.  Am I being a bad Republican?  No.  Would Carrie be a bad Democrat?  No, she could be a good Democrat.  Why couldn't she align with the Blue Democrats, or other Democrats like the others that I have listed, such as Delores Mertz, state representative in Iowa; or parts of the positions of Zell Miller?

I disagree with Guiliani and Whitman on abortion.  I disagree with Bush on stem cell research, and abortion, as well.  He is not pro-life, you know.  I also disagree with him on the death penalty.
[right][snapback]660794[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you!

You're absolutely right. If I do choose to switch parties, I won't agree with the list mp15 gave, or any other Dems that supported abortion.

If pro-life democrats were better supported, we'd have a chance at changing the party from the inside. As hot stuff stated in the Democrat thread, change has got to start somewhere.

BTW: Todd still isn't off the hook just because we hijacked our own thread. :)

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jul 27 2005, 08:54 AM']That is a bit far-fetched......I am a registered Republican and I disagree with other Republicans all the time.  I worked at the precinct level for the Party, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with every stance they take.

Carrie, if she chooses to become a Democrat, does not have to agree with your list.  She can believe in the ideals and support the Democratic party, even work for reform from within.

I do.  I speak to the Republican Party about the total eradication of abortion and unjust stem cell research all the time.  Am I being a bad Republican?  No.  Would Carrie be a bad Democrat?  No, she could be a good Democrat.  Why couldn't she align with the Blue Democrats, or other Democrats like the others that I have listed, such as Delores Mertz, state representative in Iowa; or parts of the positions of Zell Miller?

I disagree with Guiliani and Whitman on abortion.  I disagree with Bush on stem cell research, and abortion, as well.  He is not pro-life, you know.  I also disagree with him on the death penalty.
[right][snapback]660794[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yep, you can try to make changes from within, but in the case of the Democrats (as well as the Republicans) it will do no good. They have a firm stance on curtain core issues that will not change. Those issues are not in line with the church, and supporting that party is in effect acceptance of those beliefs. It would be far better to start a new party rather than trying to change what cannot be changed. I do not support any party, because they are all corrupt. I have yet to meet a politician that wasn't a liar, a thief and a detriment to society.

But anyway, that is not what this thread is about. So I will turn this back over to everyone else.

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 12:07 PM']Yep, you can try to make changes from within, but in the case of the Democrats (as well as the Republicans) it will do no good. They have a firm stance on curtain core issues that will not change. Those issues are not in line with the church, and supporting that party is in effect acceptance of those beliefs. It would be far better to start a new party rather than trying to change what cannot be changed. I do not support any party, because they are all corrupt. I have yet to meet a politician that wasn't a liar, a thief and a detriment to society.

But anyway, that is not what this thread is about. So I will turn this back over to everyone else.
[right][snapback]660822[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Such optimism <_<

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 27 2005, 08:58 AM']Considering I don't recall you ever challenging me on any particular issues I will make this sincere request.

Bring it on.
[right][snapback]660803[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Your not worth wasting my time...............................

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 12:15 PM']Your not worth wasting my time...............................
[right][snapback]660845[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No need to get personal.

We can have debates and not get personal.

Lighten up a little.

:saint:

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 10:15 AM']Your not worth wasting my time...............................
[right][snapback]660845[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow that's too bad.

Clearly you feel I need to be put in my place.

Of course when all you have to offer is insults, it doesn't exactly instill me with fear

Edited by jaime

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 27 2005, 09:52 AM']Wow that's too bad. 

Clearly you feel I need to be put in my place.

Of course when all you have to offer is insults, it doesn't exactly instill me  with  fear
[right][snapback]660917[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually, I don't think you need to be put anywhere (well maybe out to pasture would be good). Nor was I challenging you. I just happen to have better things do in my life than trying to have a pissing match with someone to prove who has the superior intellect.

Edited by mp15

I wasn't the one coming in here with the insults.

Regardless, you interrupted a very tender moment between Carrie and Camster.

(I wonder if Camster will let me play guitar at the wedding?)

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 27 2005, 10:11 AM']I wasn't the one coming in here with the insults. 
Regardless, you interrupted a very tender moment between Carrie and Camster. 
(I wonder if Camster will let me play guitar at the wedding?)
[right][snapback]660961[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Insults????????????????

Puuuuuuleaseeeeeeeeeeeee..................................................

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:32 AM']Insults????????????????

Puuuuuuleaseeeeeeeeeeeee..................................................
[right][snapback]661018[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You know what? You're right. You do have better things to do.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 27 2005, 10:43 AM']You know what?  You're right.  You do have better things to do.
[right][snapback]661043[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeap. I do..........................................