An Old School Catholic Message Board

Civil Rights

Carrie

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:04 AM']And an unconscious desire to get the last word apparently
[right][snapback]661064[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hummmmmmmmmmm.............................

Funny you should say that. Me thinks the same thing about you.

Edited by mp15

Dude I've been in the discussion on this thread from the beginning. You've only come on to hijack and insult.

I ,like Carrie and Camster, am waiting for Todd to come back online. All you're doing is providing a mild diversion until people who have serious things to add to the conversation have an opportunity to respond.

If you don't like being called out on it, feel free to add something productive to the conversation and the debate will continue.

Edited by jaime

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:17 AM']Dude I've been in the discussion on this thread from the beginning.  You've only come on to hijack and insult. 

I ,like Carrie and Camster, am waiting for Todd to come back online.  All you're doing is providing a mild diversion until people who have serious things to add to the conversation have an opportunity to respond.

If you don't like being called out on it, feel free to add something productive to the conversation and the debate will continue.
[right][snapback]661073[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Called out? Hardly. Maybe you live for debating, but I however do not. Just isn’t worth my time, especially with someone like you. Now seeing as how we both like to be the ones that get in the last word I will leave that honor on this thread to you.

Good day..............................

Trust me, I'm most likely not going to get the last word on this thread. Its our sincere hope that when Todd is available to come back online again, we can resume the actual topic.

Do I love to debate? Absolutely. Why? Because even if I disagree with people (which I do often) I still have the opportunity to learn. There have been very few that I've debated with here that I couldn't say that about.

Honestly I was hoping that you would add something serious to the conversation. You say you have better things to do than debate. Great. I'm sorry you felt the need to be so antagonistic to Carrie. If this is the last word between you and I on this thread then let the last word be this.

You're remarks to Carrie were uncalled for and not reflective of any maturity whatsoever..

[quote name='mp15' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:07 AM']Yep, you can try to make changes from within, but in the case of the Democrats (as well as the Republicans) it will do no good. They have a firm stance on curtain core issues that will not change. Those issues are not in line with the church, and supporting that party is in effect acceptance of those beliefs. It would be far better to start a new party rather than trying to change what cannot be changed. I do not support any party, because they are all corrupt. I have yet to meet a politician that wasn't a liar, a thief and a detriment to society.

But anyway, that is not what this thread is about. So I will turn this back over to everyone else.
[right][snapback]660822[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So, you want to start a party that is in line with Church teaching exclusively?

What is the Church's stance on the economy?
What is the Church's stance on social security?
What is the Church's stance on housing?
What is the Church's stance on any non-moral issue?
What is the Church's stance on the Iraqi War?
What is the Church's stance on Homeland Security?

There are more......

To try and form a political party based upon the tenants of the Church and form a "theocracy," is a great idea, although it isn't what the Church wants. The Church has no desire to enter into any one nation's political system.

Incidentally, the Church doesn't agree with the whole of the [url="http://www.gop.com/media/2004platform.pdf"]Republican Party Platform.[/url]

So, finding your Utopia (as St. Thomas More puts it), is impossible.

How are all parties corrupt? You have a responsibilty to your country to participate. If you don't, you don't get a say. So, all of this goes to support one thing.....you don't vote, you don't say. Your vote would count, if you let it. If you don't, it is being irresponsible, on a civic level. From a religious standpoint, you can not vote, but then you can't talk about civil matters, because you have foregone your rights. (That is entirely my opinion.)

I hope you voted. And to make a blanket assumption about politicians is not only ignorant, but also naive.

bumpity bump bump.

So Todd, I'm really very curious as to what your response will be to what was said...