An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carl Rove The Left Hand of Satan

Jaime

[quote name='Quietfire' date='Jul 18 2005, 06:15 PM']WHO IS CARL ROVE????????????????
[right][snapback]648518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

*wonders the same thing*

I should go watch the news.

I do watch the news.
But I honestly have no idea who this person is.

Eh, Im probably better off.

Thy Geekdom Come

It's crazy. She wasn't even a secret operative with the CIA...she had a desk job. She's not protected under the laws he allegedly broke.

you guys obviously have no idea whats going on- you're all listening to the biased left media and their lies-
heres the truth:

the CIA operative's name had been out there way before this whole thing ever came out- she had done photo shoots for some magazine and she wasn't a james bond or sam fisher that the media is portraying her to be- she was on no assignment and wasnt under cover- she was sitting washington at a desk. She had told people many times where she worked etc etc- basically it was no secret at all. Now her husband is NOT to be trusted- hes very anti bush and has an underlying political agenda- and is a liar. The left wing media refuses to admit it has made a huge mistake in how it has "reported" this story and so they just keep going with it- making Karl Rove out to be the devil incarnate- He commited no crime at all. You guys gotta listen to Rush and Sean a bit more for the facts-

thank you good day and God bless

You're kidding right? If any of that had a modicum of truth to it then why would the CIA start up an investigation on it?

[quote] At the CIA's request, the Justice Department launches a criminal probe into the leak of Plame's identity. A 1982 law makes knowingly disclosing the identity of a covert agent a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.[/quote]

Seriously, you want to recant your statement that none of us knows what's going on?

I like listening to liberal democrats on the media. lol

It's fun to watch their brains fall out of their heads live.

There was a liberal democrat lady who somehow took the republican and democrat stance at the same time and on the same issue!!

How that is possible i really dont know, but that's just something the liberals are good at I guess.
The Reporter interviewing the lady was pretty boggled too. lol

The investigation of a possible offense is not proof of guilt. People should let the investigation proceed in order to see what actually happened. Besides, listening to the media is rarely a wise thing to do.

:D

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jul 19 2005, 08:30 AM']The investigation of a possible offense is not proof of guilt.  People should let the investigation proceed in order to see what actually happened.  Besides, listening to the media is rarely a wise thing to do.

:D
[right][snapback]649541[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

exactly.. :rolling: :rolling:

Melchisedec

[quote name='curtins' date='Jul 18 2005, 04:54 PM'] You guys gotta listen to Rush and Sean a bit more for the facts-
[right][snapback]648545[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rolling: ofcourse we should, they never lie.

Regardless of people's views on the mainstream media, it doesn't change the facts.

If this is such a minor point, then why were Time magazine records sopoenaed? Why was Michael Cooper threatened with jail if he didn't give up his source?

Is this not a matter of national security? The CIA and Dept of Justice seem to think so.

Neither btw are a member of the mainstream liberal media!

Isn't it best to await the completion of the investigation before saying that a crime has occurred?

Isn't a person innocent until proven guilty in our legal system?

So rather than relying on media reports, which are notorious for providing people with misinformation, isn't it better to await the conclusion of the investigative and legal processes before making a decision about a person's guilt?

[quote]Isn't a person innocent until proven guilty in our legal system?[/quote]

Come to think of it, I have been rather judgemental of Saddam Hussein...

Just having some fun with you Todd!!

[quote]  Isn't it best to await the completion of the investigation before saying that a crime has occurred?
[/quote]

Perhaps, however, I haven't stated anything that is in dispute so far.

The CIA asked the Justice Dept to launch an investigation.
Michael Cooper was threatened with jail time if he didn't reveal his source.
He claims his source is Carl Rove.

This is the debate board. There are some staunch republicans that debate here.
I think if there were a democrat in the white house, some people around here would be all over it!!

Also its our President that wants to get to the bottom of it ( September 30, 2003)

[quote]PRES. GEORGE W. BUSH:  If there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is.  And if the person has violated law, that person will be taken care of.[/quote]

So why are some around these parts quiet on this one. And those who speak up are all about it being a creation "liberal media"

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 20 2005, 06:31 AM'][. . .]

This is the debate board.  There are some staunch  republicans that debate here.
I think if there were a democrat in the white house, some people around here would be all over it!!

Also its our President that wants to get to the bottom of it ( September 30, 2003)
So why are some around these parts quiet on this one.  And those who speak up are all about it being a creation "liberal media"
[right][snapback]650824[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You will notice that my previous post didn't quote your post, and that is because my post was meant as a general statement of principle. I do understand that politics are involved in this situation, but a man's rights must be respected, and it is simply wrong to accuse someone of doing something illegal without proof.

Now of course, if at the conclusion of the investigation there is sufficient evidence of criminal activity on the part of anyone involved in the case, that person or group of persons should be charged under the law and prosecuted, and if found guilty they should be punished. But certainly no one should have his name dragged through the mud simply because the media likes to convict people even before an investigation has been completed.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 20 2005, 06:31 AM'][ . . .]

This is the debate board.  There are some staunch  republicans that debate here.

[. . .]
[right][snapback]650824[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
To be precise this is the "DEBATE TABLE (interfaith dialogue)." Now I suppose there is nothing wrong with expanding the debates held here to cover general issues of a legal or political nature, but I normally come here in order to debate issues that in some way involve theological questions.

:dance: