An Old School Catholic Message Board

plastic surgery

point5

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Jul 19 2005, 05:50 PM']but what if a reduction was to keep guyz from entertaining lustful thoughts? wat if that was her purpose for getting it in the first place?
[right][snapback]650243[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Again, I sincerely doubt any woman has surgery for this purpose, so this is probably all in the realm of far-fetched speculation! Again, I said there is no problem if this is done for serious medical reasons (back trouble, etc.)

However, if this unlikely scenario were real, I'd have advise that young lady to get to a psychologist (or priest) first.
This would seem to cross the line from genuine modesty/purity to an unhealthy Manichean-type seeing the body as evil.
A woman's body is a beautiful thing and a gift from God, and should not be surgically altered just to prevent some guys from reacting lustfully to it.

If she dresses and behaves modestly, she should not have a problem.

It would be unlikely to actually prevent their lust, which comes from themselves, and will not go away just because a particular woman's breasts are reduced in size!

It's not just breasts that are objects of lust on a woman's body, and not every man actually prefers huge breasts. Men actually vary on what breast size they find attractive. Some may actually be l[b]ess[/b] inclined to lust after a woman too "top-heavy." Not to get too graphic here, but it's actually the whole waist/hips/butt/legs proportions that are more important in triggering lust/sexual attraction.

To sum up, all woman need do is practice modesty and purity. This will have a stronger and more postitive affect than cutting herself up to prevent ogling.

Women need not be ashamed of their bodies because of some creepy men.

(just this male's perspective)

[quote](And does anyone actually have surgery for that purpose, anyway???)[/quote]

Yes.
I knew someone who did. Her motivating factor were both. They were too large, and she knew she would be faced with back problems later in life and she said it made her skin crawl when men "spoke" to her breasts, and didnt address her face on.

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:00 PM']Or what about if the size of the breasts were causing extreme back pain?
[right][snapback]650250[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've already answered this!

[quote]I also have no problem with breast reduction surgery if it is to help with back/spinal problems (in which case it is not really "cosmetic").[/quote]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 19 2005, 07:10 PM']Again, I sincerely doubt any woman has surgery for this purpose, so this is probably all in the realm of far-fetched speculation!  Again, I said there is no problem if this is done for serious medical reasons (back trouble, etc.)
[right][snapback]650261[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually, I know of several women who have at least considered breast reduction surgery for that purpose...you know...not wanting to be objectified?

Do you have any idea how much women dread being objectified by men? Every single woman has experienced it and hates it.

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:00 PM']Or what about if the size of the breasts were causing extreme back pain?
[right][snapback]650250[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

two of my friends had reductions for this purpose
they were sick of wearing like three suffocating bras at a time in order to not be in pain-.......ok, lol......interesting debate...people get OTHER body parts removed/reduced routinely because they cause pain......i[color=purple]ts like a totally common medical procedure to remove things OR IN this case reduce the mass of that which causes pain as long as you do not harm an essential part of the being[/color] ...

OH never mind
Soc this is not directed at you...

oh but yeh know Soc, i don't know any girls who got reductions for "leering-reduction"...but i suppose such a thing could have happened...

Edited by Semperviva

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:14 PM']Do you have any idea how much women dread being objectified by men?  Every single woman has experienced it and hates it.
[right][snapback]650265[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

so true...

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:22 PM']HOw many times must I repeat??? I am NOT against this for exteremt back pain!!!
[right][snapback]650270[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Just one more time please :lol: ^_^

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:22 PM']Never mind, problem solved.  :blush:
[right][snapback]650270[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

aaw poor little guy... :lol:

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:14 PM']Actually, I know of several women who have at least considered breast reduction surgery for that purpose...you know...not wanting to be objectified?

Do you have any idea how much women dread being objectified by men?  Every single woman has experienced it and hates it.
[/quote]

I'm not saying this isn't a problem - I just don't think the ends justifies the means here. I think the human body is good, and shouldn't be unnecessarily surgically altered. I think the surgery route here is unnecessary and misguided.

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:25 PM']aaw poor little guy...  :lol:
[right][snapback]650276[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:P :wub:

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 19 2005, 08:14 PM']Do you have any idea how much women dread being objectified by men?  Every single woman has experienced it and hates it.
[/quote]

Very true. I've considered a reduction.

I don't experience back pain (yet) but it is just very uncomfortable to be so "blessed."

Some men have a habit of speaking to me while looking at my chest rather than my face. Annoying.

Also, it makes clothes shopping difficult if you're not proportioned. That sounds vain, but its really not. It's a problem when you dread going shopping because you know you're going to have a hard time finding clothes that fit right.

My only hesitation is that it can cause problems when you want to nurse children. After this type of surgery some women can and some can't.

Socrates, how do you feel about women who have back pain? :lol: Just kidding!

[quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:37 PM']
Socrates, how do you feel about women who have back pain? :lol:  Just kidding!
[right][snapback]650284[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ROFL

[quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:37 PM']
Socrates, how do you feel about women who have back pain? :lol:   Just kidding!
[/quote]

[color=blue]HAHAHAAaaa Carrie is a funny-bear :lol: [/color]

btw, the whole men talking to yer chest and not yer face...thats gonna happen no matter what size you are though...its a cultural phenomenon that makes you feel like total c- r- a -p (hehe) and objectified, but nonetheless it seems this will happen to you by nature of being a woman in our society....

dunno if my 2 cents are worth that...

Edited by Semperviva

[quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:37 PM']Socrates, how do you feel about women who have back pain? :lol:  Just kidding!
[/quote]

They should shut up and offer it up! (Kidding!)

But I do feel women who are "so blessed" are so blessed!! :wub:

(Ok, I'm done with this topic, before I get myself in trouble! :ninja: )