An Old School Catholic Message Board

statistics on homosexuality

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

[quote name='Semalsia' date='Jul 16 2005, 03:46 PM']infinitelord1,

Assuming that those statistics are correct, what do you think it says about homosexuality?
[right][snapback]645676[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i think it is a worldly, physical representation of the consequences of homosexuality.......i think it is intended by god........suggests that homosexuality as a sin is the truth.

infinitelord1

[quote name='MC Just' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:49 AM']i was watching "same sex America" the other day and was frightened. America is a giant Sodom and Gommorah. This is truly a "gay country". 

Many of them are militant, powerful and hate  christianity more than anything else.  They carry around rainbow flags that say "peace".

So now a days "disorder"=Peace. "Good" =bad and "bad"=good.  Thats the way many of these liberals and secularists on the documentary were painting the picture.

Sad thing about it is, there were nuns and so called "christians" for gay marriage. One dude was complaing saying "i was made in the image and likeness of GOD, this is not a sin!!

Where does it say this is a sin? Where does it say this is wrong? The  dude was crying saying "this is not wrong."

Another sad thing, The DNC is right behind them all. The demoncrats help further the gay and lesbian movements.  If this place keeps getting worse, I'm out of here.
[right][snapback]645341[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
if you think america is bad go to iraq.

infinitelord1

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 16 2005, 01:09 PM']Honestly I don't trust any website written in Frontpage
[right][snapback]645493[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
at least it is an .htm site and not .com

infinitelord1

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 12:19 PM']This applies to ALL sinners.
[right][snapback]645446[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
true.......just as STD's are a consequence of immoral sexual acts......not for just homosexuals but for immoral heterosexuals.

infinitelord1

[quote name='LittleLes' date='Jul 15 2005, 09:57 AM']An interesting example of the misuse of statistics is this study's claim:

"Homosexuals account for 3-4% of all gonorrhea cases,"

Therefore, heterosexuals account for 96 to 97% of gonorrhea cases. Is this the point the author is making? :D

LittleLes
[right][snapback]644427[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
no........the author was just trying to point out that it is not proportional since homosexuals make up only 1-2% percent of the population. This specific fact is not very eye opening though. But as far as the other STD's go......amazing.

toledo_jesus

as interesting as this info was, and while some of it was undoubtedly true, the figures are just too old and do not reflect the impact of AIDS. Self-preservation is a good motivator for reigning in promiscuity.

Melchisedec

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 16 2005, 01:09 PM']Honestly I don't trust any website written in Frontpage
[right][snapback]645493[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Bravo :D

I concur.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Jul 17 2005, 05:57 PM']Bravo :D

I concur.
[right][snapback]646682[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
doesnt mean its wrong :duel:

toledo_jesus

it may have been correct, but it needs to be 3-5 years old to mean diddly. and it needs to be post AIDS.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 17 2005, 10:56 PM']doesnt mean its wrong :duel:
[right][snapback]646998[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

it means that better sociological evaluation has arisen to better understand the fundamental areas where homosexuality has deficiences or characteristic sociological phenomenon. like toledo said, the understanding has extend beyond the AIDS scare.... so, while some information may be approaching validity, i have to doubt the statistical aspect ... b/c of better medical care and education....

infinitelord1

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Jul 17 2005, 11:20 PM']it means that better sociological evaluation has arisen to better understand the fundamental areas where homosexuality has deficiences or characteristic sociological phenomenon.  like toledo said, the understanding has extend beyond the AIDS scare.... so, while some information may  be approaching validity, i have to doubt the statistical aspect ... b/c of better medical care and education....
[right][snapback]647064[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i dont doubt the percentages but i would bet that the number of homosexuals who get STD's are dropping just as heterosexuals.

infinitelord1

mel,

let me ask you a question..........what is between right and wrong in regards to morality? Because this is where you stand as an atheist. You should be neithera supporter of gay rights nor what we are talking about. If you are walking down the street and see a gay man being slandered how do you feel? What does that make you think? By atheist logic you should think nothing of it. Of course, nobody is trully atheist in this world. They live by a moral standard and dont even realize it.

Melchisedec

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 18 2005, 04:15 AM']mel,

let me ask you a question..........what is between right and wrong in regards to morality? Because this is where you stand as an atheist. You should be neithera supporter of gay rights nor what we are talking about. If you are walking down the street and see a gay man being slandered how do you feel? What does that make you think? By atheist logic you should think nothing of it. Of course, nobody is trully atheist in this world. They live by a moral standard and dont even realize it.
[right][snapback]647707[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yet another topic which you know little to nothing about. If you want to open a thread about morality be my guest.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Jul 18 2005, 08:33 AM']Yet another topic which you know little to nothing about. If you want to open a thread about morality be my guest.
[right][snapback]647749[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i would but im afraid that you would ignore 70% of what i say........i hope you didnt see that figure as biased.

[quote name='infinitelord1']i think it is a worldly, physical representation of the consequences of homosexuality[/quote]

How are they consequences of homosexuality? How does just being gay cause you to have 100 partners per year? Or being irresponsible? Explain why these kinds of behaviors are not caused by culture and society, but must be inherent in homosexuality?

SSA shouldn't cause anything more than OSA does. So basically you are saying that there is more to homosexuality than just the SSA, while heterosexuality only has OSA.