An Old School Catholic Message Board

statistics on homosexuality

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

i created this thread so i could grab everybody's attention.......i also posted his website in another thread, but i was afraid not everyone would get the chance to see this. I am hoping more people will look at this since it is a new thread.

[url="http://www.inoohr.org/homosexualstatistics.htm"]http://www.inoohr.org/homosexualstatistics.htm[/url]

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 14 2005, 05:12 PM']i created this thread so i could grab everybody's attention.......i also posted his website in another thread, but i was afraid not everyone would get the chance to see this. I am hoping more people will look at this since it is a new thread.

[url="http://www.inoohr.org/homosexualstatistics.htm"]http://www.inoohr.org/homosexualstatistics.htm[/url]
[right][snapback]643577[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

RESPONSE:

This study presents very suspicious data as fact..

First of all, it seems to be authored by the "International Organization of Heterosexual Rights" (sic). That suggests an agenda.

The statemants made do not necessarily provide concrete data.

For example, there are several statements which begin "One study reports..." While this might be accurate, what do other studies show? Might the authors be singling out a study that supports their point of view and ignoring all other - which might be extensive - which do not?

Other statement begin with the term "Many" yet we are not told what number is involved. Is this 50% or the population of 0.1 %. We 're not told.

I'd be particularly interested in the basis of the study's claim that: "They ( make up only 1-2% of the population. "

And, of course, when one sees claims such as: "Part of the homosexual agenda is to get the public to affirm their filthy lifestyle," one can form a fairly accurate assessment of the lack of objectivity in the reporting. ;)

Still, many people fall for this type of reporting.

Littleles

photosynthesis

LittleLes, why do you type "RESPONSE" at the beginning of responses? It's such a waste of data.

infinitelord1

[quote name='LittleLes' date='Jul 14 2005, 05:33 PM']
RESPONSE:

First of all, it seems to be authored by the "International Organization of Heterosexual Rights" (sic). That suggests an agenda.

For example, there are several statements which begin "One study reports..." While this might be accurate, what do other studies show? Might the authors be singling out a study that supports their point of view and ignoring all other - which might be extensive - which do not?

Other statement begin with the term "Many" yet we are not told what number is involved. Is this 50% or the population of 0.1 %. We 're not told.

I'd be particularly interested in the basis of the study's claim that: "They ( make up only 1-2% of the population. "

And, of course, when one sees claims such as: "Part of the homosexual agenda is to get the public to affirm their filthy lifestyle," one can form a fairly accurate assessment of the lack of objectivity in the reporting. ;)

Littleles
[right][snapback]643598[/snapback][/right]
[/quot
well its obvious that the author of this article has exploited his/her opinions through the article.......he has good reasons in what he/she believes in. Id say an enormous amount of information that supports his/bliefs. Id also say a lot more information to base your beliefs on as oppossed to the beliefs that liberals uphold. The statistics speak for themselves. Statistics are not biased. What you said Littleles doesnt change anything.

Edited by infinitelord1

[/quot
well its obvious that the author of this article has exploited his/her opinions through the article.......he has good reasons in what he/she believes in. Id say an enormous amount of information that supports his/bliefs. Id also say a lot more information to base your beliefs on as oppossed to the beliefs that liberals uphold. The statistics speak for themselves. Statistics are not biased. What you said Littleles doesnt change anything.
[right][snapback]643607[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

RESPONSE

Might I gues that you have never studied statistics? Or more specifically, how to manipulate them.

In one study, a heterosexual commited a crime. May I now conclude that all heterosexuals are criminals? :D

infinitelord1

[quote name='LittleLes' date='Jul 14 2005, 05:57 PM']
[/quot
[right][snapback]643607[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

RESPONSE

Might I gues that you have never studied statistics? Or more specifically, how to manipulate them.

In one study, a heterosexual commited a crime. May I now conclude that all heterosexuals are criminals? :D
[right][snapback]643632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
not at all that is a terrible example i might add

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 14 2005, 05:35 PM']LittleLes, why do you type "RESPONSE" at the beginning of responses?  It's such a waste of data.
[right][snapback]643599[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

RESPONSE:

Because its one of the few words I can spell. :rolling:

photosynthesis

[quote name='LittleLes' date='Jul 14 2005, 11:13 PM']RESPONSE:

Because its one of the few words I can spell. :rolling:
[right][snapback]643930[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
that's pretty special.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 14 2005, 09:17 PM']that's pretty special.
[right][snapback]643935[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, LittleLes is one special person ;)

ouch that has to hurt the homosexual agenda.

it is really sad to see now, the lifestyle is horrible. Even if homosexual acts weren't wrong, the modern idea of homosexuality would be. But it is, so it is like a double whammy everytime, promiscuity, sex outside of marriage, and disordered acts to begin with. That is major ouch.

( I am still learning about the truth of the homosexual movement. In ND it isn't very strong yet so we aren't exposed to it much, thank God.)

[quote name='LittleLes' date='Jul 14 2005, 06:33 PM']RESPONSE:

For example, there are several  statements which begin "One study reports..."  While this might be accurate, what do other studies show? Might the authors be singling out a  study that supports their point of view and ignoring all other - which might be extensive - which do not?

And, of course, when one sees claims such as:  "Part of the homosexual agenda is to get the public to affirm their filthy lifestyle," one can form a fairly accurate assessment of the lack of objectivity in the reporting. ;)

Littleles
[right][snapback]643598[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Holy carp, if only you followed your own advice!

Melchisedec

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 14 2005, 05:12 PM']i created this thread so i could grab everybody's attention.......i also posted his website in another thread, but i was afraid not everyone would get the chance to see this. I am hoping more people will look at this since it is a new thread.

[right][snapback]643577[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Why should I believe such a biggotted site like this, anymore than you should believe the stats of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance? heh. Lets take a look on some of the statements followed:
[i]
#Part of the homosexual agenda is to turn people from Christianity:
# Many homosexual sexual encounters occur while drunk, high on drugs, or in an orgy setting
#25-33% of homosexuals and lesbians are alcoholics
[/i]
Most of the sources for this list are from the 80s, some from the early 90s, nothing recent ofcourse. Its just plain funny some of these statements like:

[i]
#Depending on the city, 39-59% of homosexuals are infected with intestinal parasites like worms, flukes and amoebae, which is common in filthy third world countries (8)
[/i]

The source of this statement is from a book called:
[b]
Is Homosexual Activity Normal?

By Dr. E. R. Fields
[/b]

Now the Dr has also written books about alot of subjects, such as how the holocaust was a conspiracy made up by the jews. In his :

[b]
What Really Happened with the "Holocaust"

by Dr. E. R. Fields
[/b]

The Dr. proceeds to point out how the holocaust was made up so the jews could begin to execute their evil plan of world domination.

[b]
So in short, could you please tell me why I should believe anything a man like this has to say, much less about homosexuality, I'm listening?
[/b]

Edited by Melchisedec

An interesting example of the misuse of statistics is this study's claim:

"Homosexuals account for 3-4% of all gonorrhea cases,"

Therefore, heterosexuals account for 96 to 97% of gonorrhea cases. Is this the point the author is making? :D

LittleLes

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Jul 15 2005, 09:55 AM']Why should I believe such a biggotted site like this, anymore than you should believe the stats of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance? heh. Lets take a look on some of the statements followed:
[snip]
[/b]
[right][snapback]644424[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

didn't you accuse me on the other thread of disreguarding anything that did not fit into my beliefs?

What I notice amongst all people of guilty conscience is they tend to accuse everyone else of the very things they are guilty of.

Believe what you want to believe... the best I ask the liberals and the 'I want to feel good' religions of these days is leave us alone... lie to yourselves all you want, but leave us to our truths.