An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women and Clothing - Men and Clothing

franciscanheart

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:15 PM']lol Cheerleading was rather fun. Got to go to all the games. And being a naturally peppy and cheerful person it was just natural lol
[right][snapback]645941[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So YOU were the cheerleader with the lampshade on her head!!

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 17 2005, 04:02 PM']So YOU were the cheerleader with the lampshade on her head!!
[right][snapback]646595[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: was not :unsure: :lol:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 16 2005, 06:00 PM']For the life of me, I can't understand this why any woman would not like hairy chests on men!  (but then I'm not female,so what do I know?)
I thought traditionally hairy chests were considered sexy by women.

[right][snapback]645730[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think maybe its more of a generational thing...

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:17 PM'].
Fingertip rule: Stand up straight, shoulders back. Your shorts should go no higher than however far down your leg your fingertips reach.

[right][snapback]645809[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:48 PM']yeah the shorts rule may not work so great lol I tried measuring myself that way just a sec ago rofl yeah that wouldn't work.
[right][snapback]645832[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Same here. I have pretty long arms. haha

[quote name='Tony' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:02 PM']ok... so we know.. no matter how hard the woman tried to dress modestly.. its not  going to keep every guy's eye from wandering.. so... I ask you to please pray for us men! :) 

Thank you  :)
[right][snapback]645916[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good point, Tony. ;)

Cheerleading?
Ah, I remember those days.

Hey, good rule of thumb when receiving the Eucharist.
Dress like your visiting your future inlaws for the first time.
Dress like youre visiting the President.
Dress like youre visiting the Queen of England.

Dress like youre visiting the King...cause you are.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jul 17 2005, 08:34 PM']I think maybe its more of a generational thing...
[right][snapback]646860[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What do you mean? I think it just shows that this is indeed a perverse (perverted?) generation. It's one of those things that started in the gay subculture. Gays pretty much control fashion, the girls read the fashion mags, then they start buying into the whole homosexual standards of attractiveness. I've noticed it's usually the worldly, "sophisticated" types of girls who seem most "put-off" by traditional masculinity.

[quote name='Quietfire' date='Jul 17 2005, 07:35 PM']Cheerleading?
Ah, I remember those days.

Hey, good rule of thumb when receiving the Eucharist. 
Dress like your visiting your future inlaws for the first time.
Dress like youre visiting the President.
Dress like youre visiting the Queen of England.

Dress like youre visiting the King...cause you are.
[right][snapback]646862[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
you said it!

photosynthesis

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 17 2005, 10:40 PM']What do you mean?  I think it just shows that this is indeed a perverse (perverted?) generation.  It's one of those things that started in the gay subculture.  Gays pretty much control fashion, the girls read the fashion mags, then they start buying into the whole homosexual standards of attractiveness.  I've noticed it's usually the worldly, "sophisticated" types of girls who seem most "put-off" by traditional masculinity.
[right][snapback]646868[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
"These are [i]always [/i]the times that try men's souls."

It is true that men DO control the fashion industry, but that does not necessarily mean that they struggle with same sex attraction or are "gay" as you say. Why would a "gay" man with SSA want to see MORE of a woman's body? Wouldn't he want to see more revealing clothes on men? The problem with women's fashion is that it's controlled by sex-crazed Larry Flint/Hugh Hefner types who all want women to look like heroin-addicted centerfolds. Homosexual men couldn't really care less about women in spaghetti straps and Daisy Dukes. However, the abercrombie + fitch catalog is a different story....

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 15 2005, 11:59 PM']Burquas are hot
[right][snapback]644953[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Totally!

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:17 PM']Fingertip rule: Stand up straight, shoulders back. Your shorts should go no higher than however far down your leg your fingertips reach.
[right][snapback]645809[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This rule would get me in so much trouble. :P

franciscanheart

okay i meant to say this a LONG time ago but i got sidetracked....

i dont care if you think someone is too 'flabby' or 'not attractive enough' to be wearing something. keep your snotty ideas of what people 'can' wear different things to yourself please.

bottom line, if we all dressed appropriately no one would ever have to be rude as to say something like 'you're too big to be wearing that'.

i really dont appreciate it when people say something along the lines of "well some girls look okay in immodest clothing but the big girls and guys need to cover up so we dont have to see it." how rude can you get?

on another note... i think shoulders, calves, hands, and other normal things are very attractive. when i find someone attractive i generally notice these things. i dont think its totally out there to notice. however i would say that i would rather a guy cover his chest and shoulders not due to lust but just for curiosity's sake. guys are generally safer in something like a polo and jeans or khaki shorts than some gym shorts that reveal too much and a cut up t-shirt. in the same respect girls should cover up just as much i think.

i really like that four finger rule btw. :)

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 17 2005, 11:32 PM']"These are [i]always [/i]the times that try men's souls."

It is true that men DO control the fashion industry, but that does not necessarily mean that they struggle with same sex attraction or are "gay" as you say.  Why would a "gay" man with SSA want to see MORE of a woman's body?  Wouldn't he want to see more revealing clothes on men?  The problem with women's fashion is that it's controlled by sex-crazed Larry Flint/Hugh Hefner types who all want women to look like heroin-addicted centerfolds.  Homosexual men couldn't really care less about women in spaghetti straps and Daisy Dukes.  However, the abercrombie + fitch catalog is a different story....
[right][snapback]647073[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think it's a pretty well-established fact that gays tend to be disproportionately involved in the fashion world. This is a cultural thing (gays tending to be "aesthetes") and has absolutely nothing to do with wanting to look at women's bodies. This is also part of the reason for fashion's obsession with ultra-thin heroin-addict type female models (who resemble boys more than normal women).

Of course, the fashionistas much market to straights too, and so they have no problem appealing to male lust to market their stuff. And the recent trend of very immodest, whorish fashions began with a fashion move to model women's clothes after those of streetwalkers (a typical gay-artsy attempt at "shock" and "edginess," in the same vein as "heroin-chic")

I can tell you for a fact that myself and most men do NOT prefer to lust after heroin-looking waifs. This is one of feminism's biggest lies (putting blame on men for women's eating disorders). I, for one, definitely MUCH prefer healthy body types. Scrawny is no more "sexy" than obese.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Fixxxer' date='Jul 18 2005, 03:40 AM']a shirt and a tie, the mormon way!
[right][snapback]647699[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

umm what about pants lol

sorry I couldn't help it I needed to make myself laugh just then