An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women and Clothing - Men and Clothing

franciscanheart

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jul 16 2005, 02:32 PM']Question.

No girl wants to see "flabby" stomachs hanging over a guy's shorts, nor do they want to look at hairy chests... most I know, anyway.[right][snapback]645584[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

For the life of me, I can't understand this why any woman would not like hairy chests on men! (but then I'm not female,so what do I know?)
I thought traditionally hairy chests were considered sexy by women.

I think a hairy chest is a manly feature, and I am proud of my hairy chest! :cool:
I think the recent trend of men shaving their chests is really dumb.
It seems to me that a real woman would find a hairy chest attractive. To me, a woman not liking a hairy chest on a man is like a man not liking breasts on a woman!

I think there is a distrubing trend in modern fashionable circles of masculinity being regarded as unattractive or undesirable, and an androgynous "prettiness" being considered desirable. (Hence, the whole "metrosexual" nonsense)

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

I personally find men with Western European accents the most attractive.
:P

If this was a poll, I'd vote men keep shirts on. Keep a little mystery, eh?
And for the ladies, cover the parts that start with B. Butt, back, belly, bra straps... etc...

Two good guidelines are:
4 finger rule. Place your hand (not including thumb) under your collarbone. If you're shirt is lower than that, it's 99% likely it's immodest.
Fingertip rule: Stand up straight, shoulders back. Your shorts should go no higher than however far down your leg your fingertips reach.

There's a bunch of rules out there, but I find these ones practical, and easy to do without looking weird.

As far as tank tops (the original type)... how attractive are shoulders?

cmotherofpirl

Socrates I agree - whats wrong with a teddy bear male :)
In general, however, guys should keep their shirts ON.

Sarah If I went by your shorts rule I would be arrested :)

yeah the shorts rule may not work so great lol I tried measuring myself that way just a sec ago rofl yeah that wouldn't work.

cmotherofpirl

However when I was in high school theose were the school's criteria which I followed to the letter.... :bugeyes:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:29 PM']However when I was in high school theose were the school's criteria which I followed to the letter.... :bugeyes:
[right][snapback]645879[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

rofl it was the criteria for our Cheerleading uniforms too :unsure:

Laudate_Dominum

I was thinking of something the other day:

I am currently working in a professional office type setting. Most people dress pretty normal for such an environment, but there are quite a few young women who tend do wear less than most other people. There is one girl in particular who sometimes wear something like a skirt so short it is amazing that you don't see her panties at the slightest breeze, and a very low cut shirt that shows most of her upper body. I think because the contours and proportions of her body are very attractive no one seems to have a problem with it. But I am certain that if I showed up for work in the same level of clothing, such as really, really short shorts and a tank top, I would be in serious trouble. It's a double standard.

cmotherofpirl

Its also unprofessional, distracting and has no place in a workplace.
I cannot take anyone seriously who is showing enough skin to be getting a suntan.

If it was a fat old person showing off her body, someone would complain.

ok... so we know.. no matter how hard the woman tried to dress modestly.. its not going to keep every guy's eye from wandering.. so... I ask you to please pray for us men! :)

Thank you :)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:31 PM']rofl it was the criteria for our Cheerleading uniforms too  :unsure:
[right][snapback]645885[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That makes me think of my mom's cheerleading picture in her college yearbook. It was in 1955 or 56 and the skirt goes almost to her ankle. they didn't even have to do cartwheels or anything. Just jump around and lead cheers. :)

:cheer:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:05 PM']That makes me think of my mom's cheerleading picture in her college yearbook. It was in 1955 or 56 and the skirt goes almost to her ankle. they didn't even have to do cartwheels or anything. Just jump around and lead cheers. :)

:cheer:
[right][snapback]645921[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yeah ours werent to our ankles and I hated walking upstairs infront of people when we had to wear them.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:57 PM']Its also unprofessional, distracting and has no place in a workplace.
I cannot  take anyone seriously who is showing enough skin to be getting a suntan.

If it was a fat old person showing off her body, someone would complain.
[right][snapback]645905[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, that's why it bothers me, because it's obvious that the only reason she hasn't been in trouble is because she's hot or whatever. I was thinking of seriously dressing for the beach to work one day and when I get in trouble for it using her (and a couple other girls) as an example in my defense.

photosynthesis

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 16 2005, 07:00 PM']For the life of me, I can't understand this why any woman would not like hairy chests on men!  (but then I'm not female,so what do I know?)
I thought traditionally hairy chests were considered sexy by women.

I think a hairy chest is a manly feature, and I am proud of my hairy chest!  :cool:
I think the recent trend of men shaving their chests is really gay.
It seems to me that a real woman would find a hairy chest attractive. To me, a woman not liking a hairy chest on a man is like a man not liking breasts on a woman!
[right][snapback]645730[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
As far as hair goes....God put it there, so it's a good thing! I feel the same way about women who don't shave their armpits or legs, and I, for the most part, do not shave unless I'm going to the beach or it's a special occasion. People say stuff like, "well, you're never going to get a boyfriend unless you shave." But if a guy is that shallow then he's not the kind of guy I want to date.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:06 PM']yeah ours werent to our ankles and I hated walking upstairs infront of people when we had to wear them.
[right][snapback]645922[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You were cheerleader?