An Old School Catholic Message Board

homosexual attraction

track2004

Do you think that God can "heal" SSA?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='track2004' post='631962' date='Jul 5 2005, 02:00 AM']Just a question because it comes up here a lot.

I'm going with the "God does what He wants" because I really don't have room to speculate...[/quote]

I have a good friend who was as gay as they come (lol) and deeply involved in the gay movement and he was healed of his SSA. He became a Christian and is now a Catholic.

Also, remember a year or two ago when the editor-in-chief of that big time gay magazine converted and (I think) lost his SSA?

It happens.

Galloglasses' Alt

[quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1803624' date='Mar 11 2009, 10:06 AM']It happens.[/quote]
Oddly enough the 'It happens' arguement is one of the main justifications of the homosexual movement. Yet whenever Anyone mentions what you just have they tend to be under threat of being lynched.

I do believe (and I say believe because I'm not certain that there has ever been firm evidence of this) that some people are born that way. Those for whom SSA is not a choice have a cross that, if they are baptized and living chastely, must merit all kinds of mercy and grace for the rest of us. Thank God for redemptive suffering in the Body of Christ. And thanks to those who embrace their crosses and offer their turmoil up for our sakes!

Nihil Obstat

Does anyone know which encyclicals and other documents from the Vatican specifically address SSA?

I just read Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons, but it was pretty clear that I was jumping in at the end of the discussion, in a way. :P

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1810978' date='Mar 18 2009, 09:38 PM']Does anyone know which encyclicals and other documents from the Vatican specifically address SSA?

I just read Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons, but it was pretty clear that I was jumping in at the end of the discussion, in a way. :P[/quote]
Is that the one that is considered poorly worded?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1811138' date='Mar 18 2009, 10:10 PM']Is that the one that is considered poorly worded?[/quote]
Ah... I didn't really think so. It was a CDF document; quite short and to the point. It was written by Ratzinger as head of the CDF, so I trust that it's quite sound in wording and stuff.
Only problem was that it was pretty obvious that it was just a follow up to the more exhaustive documents that are floating around somewhere.