An Old School Catholic Message Board

homosexual attraction

track2004

Do you think that God can "heal" SSA?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a question because it comes up here a lot.

I'm going with the "God does what He wants" because I really don't have room to speculate...

infinitelord1

[quote name='track2004' date='Jul 5 2005, 02:00 AM']Just a question because it comes up here a lot.

I'm going with the "God does what He wants" because I really don't have room to speculate...
[right][snapback]631962[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I most certainly believe with the fullest of my heart that god can and may heal this horrible issue that many go through in today's society. I speak not from my own experience but i have attended groups that help people seek freedom from homosexuality. The group itself is non-denominational yet the people who run it are generally baptists. But just because they are baptist does not mean that they are wrong. I believe these people.......the man who runs it, based out of houston, is a southern baptist minister and he claims that there are hundreds of people in which he is associated with who claim to have been healed by god........including himself. He even says that more than half of these people move on to get married and claim that a natural heterosexual union between a man and women is definately attainable. The group focuses on causes of homosexuality and educates people on how to train themselves to abstain. I have found through my own experiences that abstaining from masturbation, i have not completly done this yet but i have definatly grown in my goal to abstain, decreases your tendency to have a homosexual attraction.

infinitelord1

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 5 2005, 03:13 AM']I most certainly believe with the fullest of my heart that god can and may heal this horrible issue that many go through in today's society. I speak not from my own experience but i have attended groups that help people seek freedom from homosexuality. The group itself is non-denominational yet the people who run it are generally baptists. But just because they are baptist does not mean that they are wrong. I believe these people.......the man who runs it, based out of houston, is a southern baptist minister and he claims that there are hundreds of people in which he is associated with who claim to have been healed by god........including himself. He even says that more than half of these people move on to get married and claim that a natural heterosexual union between a man and women is definately attainable. The group focuses on causes of homosexuality and educates people on how to train themselves to abstain. I have found through my own experiences that abstaining from masturbation, i have not completly done this yet but i have definatly grown in my goal to abstain, decreases your tendency to have a homosexual attraction.
[right][snapback]631969[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I do believe that it is what ever god wants, but i want to stress that i think that homosexuality is an issue for people for many different reasons. Furthermore, I believe that it does not necessarily call people to a life of celebacy. It may just be a way for god to reach to people who dont believe in him. It may be a call to the priesthood. It may be punishment. We will never know, but with god their are infinite possiblities. Jesus said this and i will trust in his word.

Semperviva

there is a book from focus on the family about a guy who used to be gay but God healed him...maybe on their website under resources? its his autobiography

Sometimes SSA is given too much importance. Sometimes the root cause lies with self esteem, self punishment, and SSA can be a symptom.

thessalonian

The question answers itself. God is not God if he doesn't have power over SSA. It is a greater "god" than he. If he cannot then there is no God.

A man spoke at our Knights of Columbus last year. He was viralently homosexual and in to the movement, recruting homosexuals and all. He is not fully Catholic and the father of two. He sees how far lost he was.

Edited by thessalonian

Semperviva

[url="http://www.lovewonout.com/"]protestants it seems on the forefront of this...this site is encouraging[/url]

Yeah... I mean, if bringing people back from the dead isn't a problem, I don't think anything else is!

I put he does what he wants but yes of course he can but I dont think that means he does it fore every case

about 1/3 who seek help can develope normal heterosexual attraction, 1/3 can simply get rid of homosexual attraction but never develop normal attraction, and 1/3 tend to be unable to get rid of homosexual attraction. that's according to NARTH

so yeah, God can do it. he can use good psychiatrists to do it. he can also use St. Joseph, friendships, and many other things.

it happens... but usually not by someone taking it on directly.. trying to repress and repress and repress. there are issues at work much deeper than that that need to be worked through.

Question aasked: Do you think that God can "heal" SSA?

RESPONSE:

Why would he want to?

Should God "heal" brown eyes?

The questions are equivalent.

yeah, because brown eyes have deep anger issues behind them, you know... everyone with brown eyes has all these common upbringing problems... ;) not so much.

cmotherofpirl

Brown eyes are not a disorder, SSA is.

[quote name='LittleLes' date='Jul 6 2005, 12:22 PM']Question aasked: Do you think that God can "heal" SSA?

RESPONSE:

Why would he want to?

Should God "heal" brown eyes?

The questions are equivalent.
[right][snapback]633157[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]