An Old School Catholic Message Board

Other religions besides Catholicism

avemaria40

What do u all think about other religions?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just can't decide which religion I want. I want one where you don't have to pray too much, no have to do any volunteer work. Does anyone know a religion that has a benefit medical package? Oh well...

This posting is hard work, wish Sloth would take over a while. Well I'm out of here. Take care if you dare but me I never dare much.

He's not happy, he's apathetic.
Apathy and his no-good brother, Sloth, don't listen to their grandfather Wisdom.

He's not happy, he's apathetic.
Apathy and his no-good brother, Sloth, don't listen to their grandfather Wisdom.

Laudate_Dominum

I chose not to vote because none of those options reflect my answer to the question, "what do you think about other religions".
Obviously I believe there is no salvation outside the Church (understood according to the Church's teachings on this matter). But this doesn't say what I think about other religions.

And I think different things about different religions. It's a complicated question.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='philothea' date='Jun 26 2005, 06:14 PM']I'd go with 1 and 2 both if I could.

I think other religions have some profound insights, but the Catholic Church has the means of salvation.
[right][snapback]624778[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree. I voted #2 but really I think like philothea, with a healthy dose of #4 sprinkled on top :D: There is much merit in other religions, but I hold that the Catholic Church is the most faithful (didn't say perfect, humans are never perfect - except Jesus) interpretation of God's will.

[quote name='Apathy' date='Aug 2 2005, 10:07 AM']I just can't decide which religion I want.  I want one where you don't have to pray too much, no have to do any volunteer work.[right][snapback]668557[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
How about one that would radically change you and the way you see things a little bit at a time, where even what you would think otherwise that you would have to do becomes something that you want to do, where your whole outlook is changed a little bit at a time and make you come alive inside?

[quote name='Apathy' date='Aug 2 2005, 10:07 AM']Does anyone know a religion that has a benefit medical package?  Oh well...[right][snapback]668557[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I've seen a missionary organization's website that had stuff like that.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 6 2005, 02:17 AM']How about one that would radically change you and the way you see things a little bit at a time, where even what you would think otherwise that you would have to do becomes something that you want to do, where your whole outlook is changed a little bit at a time and make you come alive inside?
[right][snapback]712846[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
*nods*

:yes:

[quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 6 2005, 02:17 AM']How about one that would radically change you and the way you see things a little bit at a time, where even what you would think otherwise that you would have to do becomes something that you want to do, where your whole outlook is changed a little bit at a time and make you come alive inside?
I've seen a missionary organization's website that had stuff like that.
[right][snapback]712846[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Would I really have to change? :yawn:

[quote name='Apathy' date='Sep 6 2005, 05:02 AM']Would I really have to change? :yawn:
[right][snapback]712903[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No, you can't really just change yourself. You just do a little and let yourself be changed. It won't be a work of effort even if it seems that way at first, but it will become an act of joy. Absolutely no slavish drudery required! You'll have peace and joy and someone to share your burdens with when they come up in life. It's awesome.