An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are tattoos acceptable

Jaime

Are tattoos acceptable  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jun 20 2005, 10:40 AM']GAHHHHHH
Moderators HELLLLLLPPPPPP
Sorry Didacus
[right][snapback]616738[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Heh... sorry it took me so long to fix it... for some reason I didn't think I could???? Anyway, people can vote for reals now. :)

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

avemaria40

as long as it isn't satanic, perverted, or mocking its ok, my uncle's Catholic and he has a tatoo of a leprechaun(sp?) on his shoulder 2 show that he's Irish :)

Noel's angel

Why would an Irishman do that!!!???????

I'm fine with people getting tattoos as long as they don't mind becoming 70 year olds with wrinkly tattoos (not a good image)

avemaria40

I've been contemplating getting a tatoo of either the Sacred Heart of Jesus or the Immaculate Heart of Mary on one of my wrists :)

Noel's angel

why would you want a tattoo? I never really understood why people would want to scribble over their body. Surely there are enough other ways of showing who you are, rather than getting a tattoo

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Jul 3 2005, 12:27 PM']why would you want a tattoo?  I never really understood why people would want to scribble over their body.  Surely there are enough other ways of showing who you are, rather than getting a tattoo
[right][snapback]630646[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sure there are other ways, but everyone gets to choose their own way, for some people this is tattoos, for others its painting on canvas, for others its planting gardens... :shrug: Thats what makes us different. ;) Sometimes its not to show who you are, but because the image has deep meaning to the person. I can think of lots of reasons why someone would get one.

Back in the day my mother would have freaked out if I got a tattoo, but now my "little brother" (he's 20) is a Marine and he got one on his forearm (the prayer they recite in the Boondock Saints) and she even helped him pick out the font he wanted it done in! ha! (Personally I still tend to think she'd disapprove if I got one. lol Lest anyone misunderstand, I don't actually have any tats, but I do believe its ok to get them)

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

toledo_jesus

tattoos on the lower back are atrocious and like the mark of the beast for women. See one and I just think "easy." Sorry if that offends, but watch the Wedding Crashers movie.

I got one on my shoulder when I was 18. runic symbol for Capricorn. It is so stupid. I want to get rid of it or something.

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Jul 2 2005, 04:34 PM']Why would an Irishman do that!!!???????

I'm fine with people getting tattoos as long as they don't mind becoming 70 year olds with wrinkly tattoos (not a good image)
[right][snapback]630078[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hate to break it to you, but I figure when I'm 70, EVERYTHING is going to be wrinkled. :P

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jul 4 2005, 03:43 PM']I got one on my shoulder when I was 18.  runic symbol for Capricorn.  It is so stupid.  I want to get rid of it or something.
[right][snapback]631624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

if you can find a good artist, they will help you create a cover-up of your tattoo you don't like with an image you do like. i would look into it.

Noel's angel

[quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:15 PM']Hate to break it to you, but I figure when I'm 70, EVERYTHING is going to be wrinkled.  :P
[right][snapback]632255[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, but would u want a big wrinkly blob of ink on your arm??

Regular exercise and good eating practices should limit that wrinkling.

I don't think it would make any difference is the wrinkles had a tatoo or not... wrinkled skin is just not a look people generally shoot for.

Noel's angel

I just don't think that having someone scribble on your skin is a very productive thing. It isn't like painting a blank canvas, its more like vandalising a beautiful painting

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Jul 5 2005, 04:11 PM']Yeah, but would u want a big wrinkly blob of ink on your arm??
[right][snapback]632317[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, being as I have a tattoo, I'll go with sure, why not? :lol:

[quote name='Didacus' date='Jul 5 2005, 04:14 PM']Regular exercise and good eating practices should limit that wrinkling. 

I don't think it would make any difference is the wrinkles had a tatoo or not... wrinkled skin is just not a look people generally shoot for.
[right][snapback]632321[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Precisely my point.