An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are tattoos acceptable

Jaime

Are tattoos acceptable  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didacus says "I am curious as to the opinion of the group.

I have a tattoo, and I am glad the Church does not prompt me to remove it.

(Pontifex, sorry about asking that question in the questions and awnser forum, I did not realize that it had been asked before. I will be more dilligent in the future)"

hot stuff, you son-of-a-great... thanks for the effort... I think there might be a bug in the system...

*sigh* I feel much better now. :sweat: I don't think the problem is 'just me' anymore.

You did get it posted though... more than I could do...

God Conquers

I just got one last week.

I love it.

Is it ok if you just got one to be cool?

I really needed a boost to my coolness so I thought "I should get one of those huge anti-demon tattoos all over my arms and legs".

If they put scary monsters on Cathedrals to scare Demons away, why not scary monster tattoos on your body to scare them away?

It took a few painful hours but it's all good.

I was thnking of adding JPII coat of arms on my chest, and benedict XVI's coat of arms on my shoulder.

Gotta be careful not to get carried away though...

I have one on my back, and it is the same (similar?) principal of scaryness... somewhat. It is a sword stabbed in a rose with a snake entwinned around the two, climbing upwards.

The symbolism of the tattoo for me is a warning of evil: Evil thrives on the destruction of beauty.

[i]I am of the sinister sort.[/i]

God Conquers

Sweet.

I was just joking about my tattoos...

I got a Chi-Rho on my shin. That's it.

HOWEVER I'm thinking of getting the Virgin of Guadalupe huge on my back so my homies can't ever shoot me from behind, cause then they'd be shooting the Virgin. ANd that's not cool.

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Jun 20 2005, 09:56 AM']I just got one last week.

I love it.

Is it ok if you just got one to be cool?
[right][snapback]616746[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wildly extrapolating from St. Francis DeSales's [i]Devout Life[/i]...

I think Catholics have a responsibility to maintain a certain amount of cool, because if we're all complete dorks, how are we going to attract people to the Church? :cool:

Noel's angel

the only thing I have against tattoos is that when you get old, then your skin goes all wrinkly and a wrinkly, faded tattoo is NOT cool

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Jun 20 2005, 01:18 PM']the only thing I have against tattoos is that when you get old, then your skin goes all wrinkly and a wrinkly, faded tattoo is NOT cool
[right][snapback]616963[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Cute...

Listen very closely; YOUR SKIN BEING WRINKLY IS NOT COOL! TATTOO OR NO TATTOO!

just wanted to get that off my chest...

carry on

(oh, and for a full back tattoo I was thinking of the archangel Micheal, sheating his swrod above the catholic church of the 4th century signifying the end of the plague, with Gregory the great in his insignia near the center.

I like micheal... and Gregory was great, and the image is one of the best remembered in Catholicism today (if not a miracle... but I don't recall seeing anywhere that the apparition of Micheal was a miracle. in any case, having god's #1 kick-ass angel covering my back whereever I go - now I would say that classifies as cool..very cool. but what would my mom and dad say? :unsure: ).

"The plane, the plane.........."

wrong Tattoo. carp.

My father always told me " A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce."

Was that supposed to make an impression?

Whoops!

Ladies, believe me, tattoos do nothing whatsoever to enhance your beauty or make you "sexier."

A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like graffiti on the Venus de Milo!

And why are we all so desperate to appear "cool" in the world's eyes?

IcePrincessKRS

Ya know, I could care less what other people think. If I wanted a tattoo badly enough I'd get one because [b]I[/b] wanted it. Honestly, my husband could care less if I had a tatoo or not, but if I did he'd think it was sexy because its ME, not because its there. :P