An Old School Catholic Message Board

Swim wear

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

[quote name='Carrie' date='Jun 30 2005, 03:12 PM']Just go the beach in a potato sack.  Lightweight yet modest!
[right][snapback]628587[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling: yessssssss

Q the Ninja

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jun 30 2005, 03:22 PM']i toally completely agreee!!! modestly is firstly about preserving and honoring the dignity of the person and in safeguarding one's own dignity you will as a result help preserve the dignity of others...Charity is the form, mover, mother, and root of all virtues....(aquinas) so i think as long as your thinking this way and trying to preserve the life of the soul and the life of God in others and yourself, its all good :) so i think this is why modesty is to a large degree in one's bearing...if you want to be immodest, you will be, no matter how much or little you wear
[right][snapback]628602[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good intentions cannot make an action good.

--Aquinas. :)

Q the Ninja

Maybe if we were in the Garden of Eden bikinis wouldn't be tempting. Then again, if we were there we wouldn't need them. ;)

I'm 20. I've been a faithful Catholic most of my life. I've been to beaches since before I could walk/speak/or most anything else.

I find bikinis tempting. :(

Semperviva

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Jul 1 2005, 09:10 PM']Good intentions cannot make an action good.

--Aquinas.  :)
[right][snapback]629676[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
hahaha, funny
lets just go back and forth with aquinas quotes and see how much of a wax nose reason is, hahaha,
i did't mean to say its ok- i was just wondering if our cultural context has shifted so much that we are like transformed into little happy natives now, hahahaha, LOL.. but every guy on here has said thats not happenin lil sis...LOL good to know...what can i say haha i'm just am really clueless i thougth as long as i wasen't intending to seduce a guy it could be modest, but i guess not? hhhmmmm....well at least now i know..thankx fer being honest ppl....so i guess its a fair conclusion that putting on a bikini is to objectify yourself....? and it tempts even without that intent??...okie dokie smokie
back to the burka for me :ph34r:
allah ahkbar
:D lol

franciscanheart

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jul 1 2005, 10:05 PM']hahaha, funny
lets just go back and forth with aquinas quotes
[right][snapback]629709[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
be careful! there are a couple of us who might just have to take you up on something like that! :lol:

franciscanheart

i think it is also important to note that even a tankini that is supposedly modest, when not fitted well, can become immodest. :)

voiciblanche

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jun 22 2005, 02:20 PM']So I should return the bikini...[i]becaaaause[/i]...?  Honestly it just looked mo-wah flattering then those Olympic type ones...So honestly...should I return it?  :unsure:  Isin't modesty to a huge degree in ones bearing?  (Sorry if this was already brought up to death) -_-
[right][snapback]619433[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Buy some board shorts and/or some sort of tank top to wear over it, perhaps?

Nicole8223

Amen hughey....modesty is such a beautiful virtue. I think we should go everything possible to earn more, and avoid anything that would be immodest or provoke lust. Several good Catholic men have mentioned that they can easily fall into lust if a woman is dressed in a bikini....so I still don't understand why someone would wear it?

A bathing suit is made to be comfortable when wet, and easy to swim in. A bikini is not made this way. Bikinis started because women wanted to show more skin...gross! It's nothing more than a bra and underwear. Bikinis are an excuse for lust and immodesty.

I think many women believe they can wear them with good intentions and so it is ok...well, I completely disagree. Showing more skin serves NO purpose, except to get a tan on places you don't need a tan anyway!

Semperviva

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jul 6 2005, 03:23 PM']Buy some board shorts and/or some sort of tank top to wear over it, perhaps?
[right][snapback]633530[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
well all the guys being honest on here really helps so i decided i'll just buy a tankini top--help save money [i]and souls[/i], :D yeay!

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jul 6 2005, 03:57 PM']well all the guys being honest on here really helps so i decided i'll just buy a tankini top--help save money [i]and souls[/i],  :D yeay!
[right][snapback]633566[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No bottom? :blink:

Semperviva

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 6 2005, 04:08 PM']No bottom?  :blink:
[right][snapback]633577[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
hahaha oops- i meant keep the one from the bikini and then buy a new top...gOsh i really need to learn how to speak way more better :D and how exactly would that help save souls????!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jul 6 2005, 04:15 PM']hahaha oops- i meant keep the one from the bikini and then buy a new top...gOsh i really need to learn how to speak way more better  :D and how exactly would that help save souls????!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]633586[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was clowning around! :D I know what you meant!

[quote name='Nicole8223' date='Jul 6 2005, 03:25 PM']  Bikinis started because women wanted to show more skin...gross!
[/quote]

A girl's skin isn't gross!

Semperviva

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 6 2005, 04:18 PM']I was clowning around!  :D  I know what you meant!
[right][snapback]633594[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
haha oh- very gullible..will believe everything you say hahaa