An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Favorite Form Of Government

son_of_angels

What is your preferred form of government, religion aside?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's difficult enough to keep government in check when one is raised to lead and is given little choice, but when it's a popularity contest amongst a bunch of people who need to raise money to win their popularity contest, which is decided by a bunch of people who are raised on the idea that they're qualified to vote based simply upon the fact of their existence, you go from a relatively free society to a ridiculous nanny state in 200 years.

[quote name='ardillacid' date='29 September 2005 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1127968867' post='740699']
The perfect government. one run by me. :)
[/quote]

That wouldn't be bad.

What would you do about that Sternhauser character? They say he's a rabble-rouser. :think:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='irish cath' date='04 July 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1278263286' post='2137680']
[b][font="arial"][size="2"]a government of the people, by the people, for the people[/size][/font][/b]
[/quote]
E Plebnista! :punk:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b56e0u0EgQ[/media]

Sternhauser

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 June 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1277562418' post='2134484']
It's difficult enough to keep government in check when one is raised to lead and is given little choice, but when it's a popularity contest amongst a bunch of people who need to raise money to win their popularity contest, which is decided by a bunch of people who are raised on the idea that they're qualified to vote based simply upon the fact of their existence, you go from a relatively free society to a ridiculous nanny state in 200 years.
[/quote]

200 years ago, the success of campaigns was decided by a candidate being able to roll out the most barrels of booze for their potential constituents. Has anything changed?

~Sternhauser

Sternhauser

[quote name='Paddington' date='27 June 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1277645478' post='2134843']
That wouldn't be bad.

What would you do about that Sternhauser character? They say he's a rabble-rouser. :think:
[/quote]

If the pot doesn't get stirred, the contents of the pot tend to get turned into charcoal.

~Sternhauser

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Socrates' date='25 June 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1277487582' post='2134104']
"A Republic, if you can keep it" ~ Ben Franklin

Prophetic words.
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVdeYlJPH8

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVdeYlJPH8[/media]

Sternhauser

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='04 July 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1278295161' post='2137776']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVdeYlJPH8"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xNVdeYlJPH8[/url]

[/quote]

One problem with the video: There's never [i]been[/i] such a thing as a "limited government," any more than there's been a "limited avalanche" or a "limited tsunami." These destructive phenomena are all limited only by the violence that initiated them and the potential energy that they can subsequently súck out of the environment.

That bogus political spectrum doesn't show that the steel ramp of the State is leaning downhill. You set one up, and it rolls to the extreme of complete State control over everything. Why? Because wherever there is a State, is the natural tendency of the State to increase, constantly growing, gorging itself on the populace by "eating out of their substance."

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

KnightofChrist

I don't care to debate the video other than to say you are mistaken. I will state as a matter of truth that Anarchism always leads to Fascism.

Sternhauser

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='04 July 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1278295746' post='2137778']
I don't care to debate the video other than to say you are mistaken. I will state as a matter of truth that Anarchism always leads to Fascism.
[/quote]

Anarchism leads to Fascism like Christianity leads to religious wars. A Republic always leads to Fascism. Welcome to it.

~Sternhauser

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='04 July 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1278296073' post='2137780']
Anarchism leads to Fascism like Christianity leads to religious wars. A Republic always leads to Fascism. Welcome to it.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

A Republic, like Christianity can lead to Fascism when it is corrupted and it's laws/commandments not followed. Anarchism however by its very nature always leads to Fascism and death.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Sternhauser

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='04 July 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1278296490' post='2137783']
A Republic, like Christianity can lead to Fascism when it is corrupted and it's laws/commandments not followed. Anarchism however by its very nature always leads to Fascism and death.
[/quote]

The nature of anarchism is not initiating aggression against other people. You can set up voluntarily-funded agencies of violence to protect people from violations of rights. By its nature, it does not lead to Fascism or death, any more than Christianity does. By its nature, the State racks up millions of skulls. Always has, always will. 200,000,000 skulls in the 20th Century alone. Seems the State ain't very good at what it's "intended" to do. But it's [i]very[/i] good at what it [i]does.[/i]

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

KnightofChrist

The nature of anarchism is chaos, and condemned by Holy Mother Church. Rome has spoken the matter is closed.

Sternhauser

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='04 July 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1278297245' post='2137788']
The nature of anarchism is chaos, and condemned by Holy Mother Church. Rome has spoken the matter is closed.
[/quote]

Rome hasn't condemned anarchism as I've defined it, unless you're Rome.

~Sternhauser