An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgists unite

Cam42

Since I do so enjoying going on side tangents...quick question for you Cam...is that Opus Dei referring to the organization, or to the work of God that St. Benedict was referring to? Just curious.

Both......but specifically the Prelature.....I don't believe that Benedict has any formal ties with the Work. I know that Joaquin Navarro-Valls is a supernumerary though.

I am also a supernumerary.

Okay... I was referring to what St. Benedict called Opus Dei being prayer, specifically the Divine Office. Just wondering to which you were referring to. Thank you.

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:24 PM']Don't...the parish is in Minnesota.
[right][snapback]613751[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:huh:
Minnesota?
what's in Minnesota? :blink: .. must be the only thing they have going for them. :lol:

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 16 2005, 05:55 PM']]Good. I'll be able to stalk you after all.  ;) [/quote]
:wacko:
Cam got me all mixed up. Guess you'll have to save the stalking. :P
Though, I used to have family in Michigan, now I just own part of a Chalet north-ish in Michigan (know of Gaylord?)

marboniface
:drool:
Thanks be to God that we might actually see the end of the Papal Masses being turned into media extravaganzas.

I find the more humble worship-of-God format much more helpful in trying to be a faithful Catholic.

Marboniface

[quote name='marboniface' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:44 AM']:drool:
Thanks be to God that we might actually see the end of the Papal Masses being turned into media extravaganzas.

I find the more humble worship-of-God format much more helpful in trying to be a faithful Catholic.

Marboniface
[right][snapback]614326[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly....Marini wasn't good for Papal Masses. He is a deconstructuralist like his mentor Archbishop Bugnini.

[quote name='marboniface' date='Jun 17 2005, 06:44 AM']:drool:
[right][snapback]614326[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hope springs eternal.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 18 2005, 07:09 AM']It is closer than we think.
[right][snapback]615165[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Let us know when the joyous day comes.

• 3 years later...

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='615839' date='Jun 18 2005, 10:17 PM']Let us know when the joyous day comes.[/quote]
[size=7]IT IS HERE!!!!!!! [/size]

[quote name='faithfulrock3r' post='1616197' date='Aug 2 2008, 07:43 PM']umm forgive my ignorance, but what exactly happened?[/quote]

Several things.....

1. Archbishop Marini has been replaced by Msgr. Marini (different people) as papal master of ceremonies.....that is a good thing.
2. The Holy Father has started to implement the Restoration of the Sacred, in regard to the Mass. And Vatican II in general.
3. All the predicitions that I made 3 years ago are coming to pass.

It is a great time to be Catholic or considering conversion.

Nihil Obstat

[quote]Gregorian chant and polyphony have been mostly removed[/quote]

I was under the impression that polyphony wasn't allowed during mass... Am I misunderstanding?