An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgists unite

Cam42

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jun 16 2005, 05:29 AM']Sadly there is no iconostas in that Church. 

:)
[right][snapback]613136[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sure there is....what do you think one of the purposes of the Altar rail is? It just isn't as tall.

And it is a Latin Rite Church.....I don't go into a Greek Church and say, gee, it'd be nice if there was an Altar rail!!!

Remember, the Roman tradition is as old as the Greek tradition.

Good Friday

[quote name='Cam42']Sure there is....what do you think one of the purposes of the Altar rail is? It just isn't as tall.

And it is a Latin Rite Church.....I don't go into a Greek Church and say, gee, it'd be nice if there was an Altar rail!!!

Remember, the Roman tradition is as old as the Greek tradition.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he was just kidding. :D

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:29 AM']Sadly there is no iconostas in that Church. 

:)
[right][snapback]613136[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sadly, there isn't one in my church either. But mine doesn't have the excuse of being Latin Rite. <_<

Why doesn't that have an altar that can be incensed from all four sides, as specified by the Vatican Council II?

peace...

Guest Eremite

[quote]Why doesn't that have an altar that can be incensed from all four sides, as specified by the Vatican Council II?[/quote]

The few indult parishes I have been to (and a few non-indult parishes) have a portable altar for the Missa Normativa, so that they can retain the high altar for the old rite.

conservativecatholic

[quote] I know that this is a broken record for me, but look at where I come from.  Want to know what was intended....read [url="http://www.stagnes.net/church/History.do?displayPage=chapter9"]Msgr. Bandas' implementation[/url] and [url="http://www.stagnes.net/church/History.do?displayPage=chapter10"]Msgr. Schuler's continuation[/url] of the reform in the Liturgy in the history part of the [url="http://www.stagnes.net/church/Main.do"]St. Agnes[/url] website and then look at the desktops.....It is all Novus Ordo.

This is what was intended....there is one place on the planet that has followed Vatican Council II to the letter.  No deviations.  Period. [/quote]

Wow. That's all I can say.

You are so fortunate to live within a reasonable distance of this parish.

Now that the liturgically liberal Archbishop Fiorenza is retiring, I pray that the parishes of our diocese will commence the reform of the reform that is so necessary.

MilesChristi

Well, I'm glad at least one church in the world got it right. Now for the millions of others out there... <_<

Brother Adam

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jun 16 2005, 02:10 PM']I'm moving to Michigan.
[right][snapback]613406[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good. I'll be able to stalk you after all. ;)

[quote name='PedroX' date='Jun 16 2005, 11:19 AM']Why doesn't that have an altar that can be incensed from all  four sides, as specified by the Vatican Council II?

peace...
[right][snapback]613307[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If you look to the documents, there is nothing that states explicitly that the high altar must be replaced. The terminology is "can," not "must" or "should."

So, the altar is acceptable. Incidentally, that altar is freestanding....it is not attached to the wall.

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jun 16 2005, 01:10 PM']I'm moving to Michigan.
[right][snapback]613406[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Don't...the parish is in Minnesota.

[quote name='conservativecatholic' date='Jun 16 2005, 02:53 PM']Wow. That's all I can say.

You are so fortunate to live within a reasonable distance of this parish.

Now that the liturgically liberal Archbishop Fiorenza is retiring, I pray that the parishes of our diocese  will commence the reform of the reform that is so necessary.
[right][snapback]613535[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Don't look for DiNardo to be a Liturgical powerhouse. He was the bishop of my home diocese.....I grew up in the Sioux City, Iowa diocese. Theologically, the man is a wunderkind, Liturgically, not so much.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 16 2005, 05:24 PM']Don't...the parish is in Minnesota.
[right][snapback]613751[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rotfl:

[url="http://www.adoremus.org/ArchArticles.html"]Articles[/url] on architecture.....

This will help with authentic Vatican Council II thoughts on Church architecture.