An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgists unite

Cam42

Praise God......Reform of the Reform....Insturare Sacra.

It is all coming to fruition....what we wanted, we may get.

Go Benedict....Go Benedict.....Go go Go Benedict!!!!!!

[url="http://www.chiesa.espressonline.it/dettaglio.jsp?id=32905&eng=y"]Read This....[/url]

Here is more.....[url="http://www.chiesa.espressonline.it/dettaglio.jsp?id=29626&eng=y"]Reform of the Reform[/url]

[url="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0898705444/qid=1118844556/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-4075866-7162242?v=glance&s=books"]Dr. James Hitchcock[/url] ain't got nothin' on this pope....LOL....unless of course, they are conversing.

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jun 15 2005, 09:15 AM']I'm still anxious for his first encyclical to come out... it's gonna be killer!
[right][snapback]612187[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wanna take bets it'll be liturgical in nature?

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 15 2005, 10:20 AM']Wanna take bets it'll be liturgical in nature?
[right][snapback]612196[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Could there be any doubt it wouldn't be?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jun 15 2005, 10:22 AM']Could there be any doubt it wouldn't be?
[right][snapback]612198[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It could also be a heresy smackdown.

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 15 2005, 10:35 AM']It could also be a heresy smackdown.
[right][snapback]612200[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Perhaps, and that would definitely still be cool by me.

My 2nd guess though, if it's not about Liturgy, it'd probably be about the Orthodox and our relations. I suspect that through his pontificate we will have better relations with the Orthodox.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jun 15 2005, 10:43 AM']My 2nd guess though, if it's not about Liturgy, it'd probably be about the Orthodox and our relations. I suspect that through his pontificate we will have better relations with the Orthodox.
[right][snapback]612206[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I would not be too surprised myself if we are reunited in 2054. :P

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 15 2005, 10:47 AM']I would not be too surprised myself if we are reunited in 2054. :P
[right][snapback]612208[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol:

wishful thinking.

I hope it's sooner than that!

Good Friday

[quote name='Cam42']Wanna take bets it'll be liturgical in nature?[/quote]
Actually, I think that his first encyclical will be on Christian unity, or it will be on the papacy in relation to Christian unity. I'm speculating that this encyclical (or perhaps, apostolic letter) will be published on June 29, the Solemnity of Ss. Peter and Paul. I'm more sure of the former than the latter, though -- it seems that the Holy See would have announced by now if Pope Benedict's first encyclical or apostolic letter would be published this month.

I think that the liturgy will be one of his top priorities, though; I just think it will be somewhat secondary to the cause of promoting Christian unity. More likely, it will not be made secondary, but related; there can be no unity with the Orthodox or even with High Anglicans until our liturgy is improved. Liturgy is very important to both the Orthodox and High Anglicans, and one of the biggest things that leads Anglicans to the Orthodox Church rather than to the Catholic Church is the difference in liturgy and liturgical understanding.

Let's not forget what is happening......[url="http://www.chiesa.espressonline.it/dettaglio.jsp?id=32905&eng=y"]Read on again!!!![/url]

Good Friday

[quote name='Cam42']Let's not forget what is happening......[/quote]
Yes, I got all of that. :P But one can't just dismiss that practically the only thing that Pope Benedict XVI has talked about since he became Pope is Christian unity. That's why I think his first writing will be on that subject, and not on the liturgy, although it would not surprise me if one of his first writings is on the liturgy.

I'm not saying he won't be concerned about the liturgy; I have little doubt that he will, and I'm sure that important reforms will be coming. I'm just saying that I think he will be somewhat more concerned with Christian unity.

[quote name='Mrvoll' date='Jun 15 2005, 03:15 PM']What is going to happen
[right][snapback]612518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dear Archbishop Marini.....is on the way out....

Perhaps to become nuncio of Iran, like his mentor Archbishop Bugnini? Probably not, but I am sure that it will be something Liturgically important like that.

Good Friday.....I happen to think that the Liturgy is the best promotion of Christian unity......so, I don't find fault in what you say at all, actually.....the whole encyclical thing was a joke. I don't really care what his first encyclical is about....it'll be good regardless....