An Old School Catholic Message Board

the state of the debate board

jezic

[quote name='Circle Master' date=' Today, 03:49 AM']And as well, the big bold logo that non-catholics got saying "I DO NOT REPRESENT THE CHURCH" was somewhat insulting.[/quote]

Do you?

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jun 13 2005, 04:58 PM']Well like me and Good friday said these people should have been around 2 or 3 years ago, now me and sacradotus now there was some uncharitable conflict, I really was going to go to New York and just beat the living tar out of him. It wasn''t even Kilroy telling me not to that stoped me, it was the time I'd have to mis from work.  Now that was back when we had some flat out fights around here. The debate board is tame now days people get over it.
[right][snapback]610783[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh boy those where the days huh Don? I was close to walking right in your footsteps to get a piece of him as well. Smug and arrogant he was. I could not bring myself to show him any charity. Nor would I to this day.

Kilroy the Ninja

HEY MP15!!!!

Great to see you here!! Long time no see! Hope you've been well!

God Bless!

[quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='Jun 14 2005, 09:52 AM']HEY MP15!!!!

Great to see you here!!  Long time no see!  Hope you've been well!

God Bless!
[right][snapback]611311[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey Kilroy, I've been around a lot lately. I just like to do this when I am. :hide:

It is nice to see you and Don posting a lot more again.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='mp15' date='Jun 14 2005, 11:19 AM']Hey Kilroy, I've been around a lot lately. I just like to do this when I am. :hide:

It is nice to see you and Don posting a lot more again.
[right][snapback]611321[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Howdy MP15 long time no see, how is every thing?

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jun 14 2005, 03:12 PM']Howdy MP15 long time no see, how is every thing?
[right][snapback]611574[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well in a nut shell, I've been battling a lot of this
:seesaw:

Other than that I'm great, how are you?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='mp15' date='Jun 14 2005, 05:00 PM']Well in a nut shell, I've been battling a lot of this
:seesaw:
Other than that I'm great, how are you?
[right][snapback]611656[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

About the same as you.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:58 PM']Well like me and Good friday said these people should have been around 2 or 3 years ago, now me and sacradotus now there was some uncharitable conflict, I really was going to go to New York and just beat the living tar out of him. It wasn''t even Kilroy telling me not to that stoped me, it was the time I'd have to mis from work.  Now that was back when we had some flat out fights around here. The debate board is tame now days people get over it.
[right][snapback]610783[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wish I was here to see that

[quote name='mp15' date='Jun 14 2005, 10:37 AM'] Smug and arrogant he was. [right][snapback]611299[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sounds like that LittleLes dude

[quote name='LSW' date='Jun 14 2005, 07:54 PM']Sounds like that LittleLes dude
[right][snapback]611795[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL :rolling:

Wasn't it the Master of Circle 'reasoning' who became the impetus for the Back Alley becoming a refuge?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='jasJis' date='Jun 14 2005, 08:10 PM']Wasn't it the Master of Circle 'reasoning' who became the impetus for the Back Alley becoming a refuge?
[right][snapback]611805[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yup, I miss the back alley.

Circle_Master

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 14 2005, 08:46 AM']Do you?
[right][snapback]611211[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well according to 2 Corinthians 5:20 I am an ambassador of the New Covenant of which the Church has been grafted in. So yes, I would represent the church in that sense. However, if you speak of a representative having the authority to declare truth then that has not existed since apostles were commissioned personally by the Lord Jesus the Christ and walked the earth.. I would say no, I am not an apostle of the Lord Jesus.

Now, before you start telling me priests in the Catholic Church are apostolic descendants and maintain their authority without the gifts of apostleship and start telling me that that is only my private interptation - so your view is also. We are subjective creatures and while some of us seek truth and seek to find God by prayer and humbleness, many others declare themselves as truth setting themselves up as gods themselves in all the arrogant boasting often attributed to Satan (Isa. 14; Eze. 28).

And so my point is that while "I DO NOT REPRESENT THE CHURCH" is a Catholic understanding, I do not appreciate being branded because your theology disagrees with mine. If you wish to say "I DO NOT REPRESENT THE Catholic Church" that is a true statement that no one can argue with. To say "I DO NOT REPRESENT THE CHURCH" leaves no room for discussion and berates those of different backgrounds.

Edited by Circle_Master