An Old School Catholic Message Board

the state of the debate board

jezic

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:14 PM']I personally think that it's rare that I feel even offended by anyone here.  I just remember we're not drinking coffee, but are just too lazy to keep typing to post with perfect charity.  :P

If you debate forever, it's hard to keep typing and some things become shorter and sometimes it can look uncharitable to people on the outside...:(:blush:
[right][snapback]610710[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't know about you but I'm drinking coffee right now. If people are tired of debate we have a whole forum devoted to inanities it's called Open Mic.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:20 PM']I refuse to drink the coffee in my house.  :P
[right][snapback]610721[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

AHHHHH Heathen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you know coffee is one of the ways that we know that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Edited by Don John of Austria

I personally don't know what this complaining is about!

Is there too much controversy in the [b]DEBATE[/b] table?

I agree LittleLes' nonsense is silly and uncharitable trolling, with the intent of "slamming" Catholic dogma, rather than seeking truth, but I think it's important to the defend the Truth of the Catholic Faith, as an example to others. I apologize for none of my apologetic efforts in those threads.

I agree with Don John. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
You can always chat with the ladies in open mic.

Good Friday

[quote name='Don John of Austria']Wow I just have such a differant view, if anything I think the Debate board is so much more regulated and though poicing than it used to be, I wonder how many of those asking for more Charity have ever really had a discussion like this in person---its the Debate board guys not the " lets all hug and sing cum-bi- ya board. real things are discussed here and sometimes people get snarky or even hurtful, is that good, no, is it essential to have that freedom to have a real debate-- yes.[/quote]
Ditto. For those who think that the Debate Table is upsetting now, you should have been around in years gone by. Everything here is tame now. My problem with the Debate Table right now is that it seems that there are very few non-Catholics here, and it also seems that very few substantive issues are being covered. But the general tone of the Debate Table is not of concern to me right now.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:35 PM']I agree with Don John.  If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
You can always chat with the ladies in open mic.
[right][snapback]610747[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hey, there are guys there, too. :P

I personally think that one can never be too charitable, as hard as it can be. . . .

Don John of Austria

[quote name='kateri05' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:38 PM']HEY! some ladies LIKE the debate table! :angry:  don't get nasty now!
[right][snapback]610756[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

no no if you like to fight then you are not acting very lady like now are you, during debate you are mearly a women.

( now that should get me introuble when Kilroy see's it)

[quote name='kateri05' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:38 PM']HEY! some ladies LIKE the debate table! :angry:  don't get nasty now!
[right][snapback]610756[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey! I've got nothing against the ladies in open mic! :) (and obviously my comments aren't directed at the ladies who like the debate table, but the guys who don't)

I think these recurring posts complaining about the supposedly deteriorating "tone" of the debate table are kinda silly.

If there is a problem with a particular post or thread, it can be brought to attention. However, complaints about the "general tone" of the table and other such things are too vague and subjective to have meaning.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:40 PM']no no if you like to fight then you are not acting very lady like now are you, during debate you are mearly a women.
( now that should get me introuble when Kilroy see's it)
[right][snapback]610759[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: I was wondering how long it would take before you got yourself into trouble!

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:53 PM']I think these recurring posts complaining about the supposedly deteriorating "tone" of the debate table are kinda silly.

If there is a problem with a particular post or thread, it can be brought to attention.  However, complaints about the "general tone" of the table and other such things are too vague and subjective to have meaning.
[right][snapback]610778[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well like me and Good friday said these people should have been around 2 or 3 years ago, now me and sacradotus now there was some uncharitable conflict, I really was going to go to New York and just beat the living tar out of him. It wasn''t even Kilroy telling me not to that stoped me, it was the time I'd have to mis from work. Now that was back when we had some flat out fights around here. The debate board is tame now days people get over it.

good to see that unhealthy sexism is alive and well at phatmass!

:lol: the worst part is that I, ME, of ALL people, seem liberal by comparison to some of you.... boogles the mind :blink:

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:14 PM']I personally think that it's rare that I feel even offended by anyone here.  I just remember we're not drinking coffee, but are just too lazy to keep typing to post with perfect charity.  :P

If you debate forever, it's hard to keep typing and some things become shorter and sometimes it can look uncharitable to people on the outside...:(:blush:
[right][snapback]610710[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I only get offended when I see other people being personally attacked. I spend a lot of time with the pointer hovering over that "report post" button...

(I don't care what people say about or to me. If I'm posting words in public, I probably deserve it.)

[quote name='kateri05' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:17 PM']you can block people's posts?  a) how? and 2) wouldn't that just make debate threads, esp, confusing?
[right][snapback]610717[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Look at the person's profile. There's an "ignore this user" option (or something like that.)

Depending on the target and the thread, it could make debates confusing. However, if people ignored Les it would make debates a lot clearer. :P