An Old School Catholic Message Board

When Do You Go To Mass?

Mrvoll

When Do You Go To Mass?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the norm is sunday, the saturday allowance was originally just for those with good reason not to be able to go on sunday... so I wouldn't make a habit out of saturday unless there's a reason. that's just my opinion, but it makes sense.

I go on Saturday night, but that's only because husband doesn't generally get up early enough for the one Sunday mass available.

This will probably change soon... I hope to switch to Sunday morning.

Oops, I ment Sunday night. Didn't look closely when I clicked.
I don't like going to mass when I'm not coherent. Which seems to happen on weekend mornings.

I thought Saturday was allowed because like the High Holy days it's dusk-to-dusk that counts as the day. So after dark on Saturday it's considered Sunday... but that may not make any sence.

Guest lancethapants

I usually go 7:30 AM Sunday Mass but since my brother does the thurifer during mass we had to go to 5:00 PM Mass on Saturday.

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='May 30 2005, 06:42 PM'] I thought Saturday was allowed because like the High Holy days it's dusk-to-dusk that counts as the day. So after dark on Saturday it's considered Sunday... but that may not make any sence. [/quote]
I always assumed it was for that reason.

Every day....so it doesn't really apply to me. I go Saturday morning and Sunday morning. I also go Mon.-Fri. morning.

Hmmmm.......

Isaiah41:13

Sunday morning at 10:45. That's when I'm home from school.

If I am at school, then Saturday night @ 7 because that is when Father Phil comes over to say Mass. Sometimes, I go out to the closest Catholic church near my school which is Father Phil's Parish and attend 10am Mass.

I prefer Sunday morning.

I prefer Sunday morning. Sunday just doesn't feel like Sunday if it doesn't start out with a heaping helping of JC. That said, because of the community I'm in, I wind up going to Sunday evening Mass a bit, unless I want to not know anyone there. :(

franciscanheart

Sunday mornings at 9 a.m. with my family. Other than that it's usually the noon mass during the week and sometimes the 6 a.m. mass because its in Latin