An Old School Catholic Message Board

Traditional Catholic Bible Study Online

Malachias111

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Mar 18 2005, 07:03 AM'] I read an interesting article on that website that said the antichrist could take a seat in the Church and rule from there, and that we must only trust the Holy Father, when he makes ex cathedra statements though. [/quote]
To think that one must only follow those things infallibly declared is an error. Please note that Canon Law states that all catholics must give a "religious submission of mind and will" to teachings of any level of the Magisterium, whether infallible or not.

Also, please look at the section of the document from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith that I have posted on dissent.

Now, dealing with the website:

Given the above, my cheif concern with the apologia website is that it may foster an individualistic notion of the Faith, one in which the particular member of the lay faithful becomes a "Magisterium of One" capable of interpreting Tradition, Scripture, and the teachings of the Magisterium as he or she pleases, and not in line with the pastors of the Church. As such, while the website certainly has some good resources, the theological perspective is questionable, and may lead to problems when it comes to obedience and submission to the shepards of the Church.

Your Brother In Christ,

Jeff