An Old School Catholic Message Board

The problem ain't religion

Winchester

burnsspivey

[quote name='Winchester' date='Mar 11 2005, 01:21 AM'] I guess someone is supposed to get all mad at the people inventing religion thing. sigh, Okay

grrrr arghh, you atheist so and so! I'm angry I'm going insane! Grr! [/quote]
This is, by far, the least articulate thing I've ever seen you post. It's like you aren't even trying. I'm disappointed. :weep:

I disagree. The first sentence is quite cogent, although rather common in its verbiage, descending to the vernacular almost clumsily, I see it as preparation for the following sentence, which is intentionally ridiculous, being filled (supposedly) with a rage perceived as common to most seriously religious persons.

It is also a reference to Mel Gibson's attempt at angry language in the movie "Signs," which in its own way, pushes the post into a sort of Andy Warhol pop art response.

burnsspivey

[quote name='Winchester' date='Mar 14 2005, 01:36 AM'] I disagree. The first sentence is quite cogent, although rather common in its verbiage, descending to the vernacular almost clumsily, I see it as preparation for the following sentence, which is intentionally ridiculous, being filled (supposedly) with a rage perceived as common to most seriously religious persons.

It is also a reference to Mel Gibson's attempt at angry language in the movie "Signs," which in its own way, pushes the post into a sort of Andy Warhol pop art response. [/quote]
Ah, much better. And I like your new avatar, by the way.

Winchester, since now you're Capt. Jack Sparrow, can I have your old Clint Eastwood avatar?

The "man with no name" is hands-down the coolest character in movies!

• 1 year later...

Budge, This is the beginning of what I like to call my "Pirate Phase." I am now in my Paranoid Szchizophrenic Ring Addict Phase.