An Old School Catholic Message Board

fear of hell

dairygirl4u2c

what do you think is your probability of going to hell?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote] He's probably thinking of something like a lustful thought etc. [/quote] it doesn't say having or entertaining. I assumed it meant the sin of entertaining a lustful thought though.

[quote] I know, but I don't think it's what STM meant.[/quote]

yeah, it is what I meant. Having a lustful thought isnt sinful if you don't give consent to it or take pleasure in it.

Edited by StThomasMore

• 3 weeks later...

I voted I like yogurt, because as the Sacred Scripture says in 1 Timothy 4:3b-5 "...foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

4: For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving;

5: for then it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer."(RSV)

Then if I eat yogurt with thanksgiving, then I may become even more consecrated, because as they say "you are what you eat"... *random seemingly unrelated scholarly quotes and continued expounding upon the Text* :biglol: Not really... though I did vote I like yogurt...

I believe that I may hope to be saved by by grace though faith working though love, in obedience to Christ's commands (faith and works, only by grace). (Eph. 2:8-10, Gal. 5:5-6, Heb. 5:8-9, St. John 14:15-16), though (unless God wishes to reveal this specially to me) I cannot have absolute certainty of my salvation, only moral certainty.

P.S. Philipians 2:12-13

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' post='539601' date='Mar 3 2005, 05:17 PM']
I couldn't resist the I like yogurt option. Put some honey and granola in plain yogurt and you've got a fantastic breakfast.
[/quote]

I'd rather go to hell...

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1044646' date='Aug 16 2006, 01:13 PM']
That situation is certainly possible. Certain people have habutial mortal sins that they don't think twice before comitting them.

[/quote]

Addiction is a mitigating circumstance. Also, if you don't think twice, you don't really have full consent.

"I'd rather go to hell..." :lol_roll: :mellow:

Edited by aalpha1989

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1043289' date='Aug 13 2006, 10:48 PM']
Who the frick voted 'low' or 'very low'?
[/quote]
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I think there's a very hight chance for all of us. But that is something that people don't need to focus on, in my opinion, so I picked refuse to speculate. Yes we should all know it's there and know there's a chance we could be there the way we live our lives, but our focus needs to be pointing up.

I often struggle with this. Do to past offenses, and current possible heresies that I believe. I tend to see the flaws in my character before the grace. Im kinda Augustinian in that regard

[quote name='Melchisedec' post='539552' date='Mar 3 2005, 04:33 PM']
its make believe. Why should I fear unicorns and pink elephants?
[/quote]
[size=1]Yea, just like color to a dog.
[/size]

Edited by CrossCuT

[size=4]Hbr 13:5 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.[/size][i]