An Old School Catholic Message Board

Modesty In Dress

MC Just

SponsaChristi

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1887340' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:37 AM']thats interesting.

i wear trousers and the veil often too and it does feel weird.

i agree with princess gianna. i do tend to get more respect from men in a skirt... i even tend to get more respect from them with a veil on.

funny and embarrassing: my black and brown veils have holes in them (getting caught in my purse zipper) so i can't wear them anymore, so i have to wear this white one (which i dread wearing) and I was sitting in line for confession and i was the only one there. There was supposedly a wedding that was going to happen. I was in trousers and a blouse and I had the veil on. The deacon asks me, "Are you here for a wedding? Are you getting married?" I was like Scarlett O'Hara, "As God is my witness, I'll never wear that white veil again!" I don't know why he would think a woman would wear trousers and a blouse to get married in and go to the trouble to put a veil on. :ohno: Oh well.[/quote]

If I may ask... ;) Do you wear the veil as a special devotion? Or do you belong to an order? ;)

Edited by SponsaChristi