An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Lady's message at Fatima

P3chrmd

Hey guys, (long time no see huh?)

Someone had a question about one of the things Our Lady said during her appearance at Fatima...

[quote]I will never leave you alone. My Immaculate Heart will be your Refuge and the way that will lead you to God. --- The Virgin Mother of God [i]Fatima, 1917[/i][/quote]

They say that this contradicts what Jesus teaches us about he being the only way the truth and the light. Now you and I both know that Our Lady does not intend it to be meant like that, but I’m having trouble explaining it to my friend...so I thought I would quiz you guys about a great way to explain it.

Our Lady was addressing Sister Lucia specifically

June 13, 1917

Lucia asked Our Lady if she would take them to heaven. Our Lady answered: “Yes, I will take Jacinta and Francisco soon. You, however, are to stay here a longer time. Jesus wants to use you to make me known and loved. He wants to establish the devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it, and their souls will be loved by God as flowers placed by me before His throne.”

When Lucia asked if she were going to be left alone, Our Lady responded: “No, my daughter. Does this cause you to suffer a great deal? I will never leave you, my Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God.”

As the Blessed Mother uttered these words she extended her hands and in the rays of light that shone from them, the children saw themselves as if submerged in the Divine presence. Jacinta and Francisco were on the side of the light that was ascending to Heaven, while Lucia was in the light that seemed diffused over all the earth. In the palm of her right hand was a Heart pierced with thorns; and the children understood that it was the Immaculate Heart of Mary, so offended by the sins of mankind and pleading for reparation.

--------------

As the Pope says through Mary we come to Christ more easily. I believe this was Our Lady's meaning to Sr. Lucia. That Mary would help guide her.

Edited by StColette

It is such a sad thing, but I just smiled when I found out and cried just one tear! Because I know that right now at this very moment she is finally reunited with Our Lady and she is meeting Our Lord and all of heaven is rejoicing!

DON'T YOU WISH WE WERE THERE YOU GUYS!

• 1 year later...

[quote]Yes, I will take Jacinta and Francisco soon [/quote]

I havent read this before.It makes me happy. I hope that it is correct and Francisco did say the rosaries he needed to be made perfect.

btw, today May 13, 2006 is not only Sat., but also 25th Anniversary of JPII being saved from assasination.