An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opus Dei?

aloha918

How many are Opus Dei, and is it good?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Sinner' date='Jan 20 2005, 12:08 AM']Poll is missing obvious options.  OD rocks.  Texas has just been divided into 2  Archdioceses and the new Archbishop of my area is an Opus Dei priest!!!!  Being in OD makes you no more or less Catholic than you were before.  It is a Way of exercising your Catholicism.  Why join a prayer group?  Why join the KofC?  Why join a youth group?  Why join you fingers together with superglue?
[right][snapback]497085[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You may want to get a confirmation on your new archbishop. Opus Dei priests are exclusive of serving outside the prelature of Opus Dei. He may be a cooperator of or simply a supporter of the apostolate of Opus Dei but I am sure he is not an Opus Dei preist.

[quote name='DannyBoy' date='Dec 19 2005, 04:44 PM']You may want to get a confirmation on your new archbishop. Opus Dei priests are exclusive of serving outside the prelature of Opus Dei. He may be a cooperator of or simply a supporter of the apostolate of Opus Dei but I am sure he is not an Opus Dei preist.
[right][snapback]830787[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He may belong to the Society of the Holy Cross. If that is the case, he would be a priest of the prelature......

little_angel202

[quote name='Cam42' date='Dec 18 2005, 05:22 PM']. I will pray for your discernment.  :whistle:  ;)
[right][snapback]829992[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

wow thanks!! :D:

lifescanticle

[quote name='aloha918' date='Jan 19 2005, 11:22 AM']I have heard of this from a few people that tried to explain to me what it is, but i still don't really get it.......maybe you guys can help........also, is it a good thing, because i have definetly heard some major critisisms of it........

God bless,
[right][snapback]496243[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What i have read about opus dei (from catholic sources) has been positive. As i understand the emphysis is to take christian ethics into all parts of life, especially in the work place. This is the laity in action. Filling our role in the church

• 1 month later...
Guest rejecterofmodernism

To this Cam42 entity & $5000 challenge to the N.O. Sect

Dear Sir?

My name is David Hobson owner of the website OpusDeiAlert.com. You claim many errors in your posting. You claim that I know you and we "were" friends for years. I have never been friends with anyone who has been a member/cheerleader for the modernist charismatic sect Opus Dei.

You are a schismatic lost soul. Nonethelees I am praying that somehow you come out of the fog/darkness and enter the True Church. What an insult to call the debilitating rot of the N.O. the bride of Christ.

I will give you or any Opus Dei or Novus Ordo dupped person $5000 via paypal if you/they can show me how Rat-zinger is NOT INELIGIBLE to be a True Pope according to the infallible teaching of Cum ex Apostolatus Officio :

Pope Paul IV, *Cum Ex Apostolatus Officio, 1559 Ex Cathedra: "We enact, determine, decree and define:
that if ever at any time it shall appear that the... Roman Pontiff [Pope] prior to his promotion or his elevation as Cardinal or Roman Pontiff, has deviated from the Catholic Faith or fallen into some heresy: the promotion or elevation, even if it shall have been uncontested and by the unanimous assent of all the Cardinals, shall be null, void and worthless."

"Cardinal" Ratzinger a.k.a Anti-Pope Benedict XVI clearly falls under the Papal condemnation of Pope Paul IV's infallible teaching in Cum Ex Apostolatus Officio by his (Ratzinger's) publicly manifested heretical statements against Pope Pius IX's Syllabus of Errors, against the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception and because of many other notorious damnable heresies he has taught over the last 40 years and still teaches to this day!

Note: in your "intellectual honesty" and "love for the Church" you won't have the guts to admit you can't stand up to the challenge/offer I made.

Rejecter of Modernism and its Incarnate Counterfeit Church of Darkness,

David Hobson

Owner of the Website www.opusdeialert.com

and StGemma.com Web Productions

info@stgemm.com

P.S. Again who are you you heretic?

Hi David. How are things in MPLS/St. Paul? Have you been back to our old stomps at St. Agnes and St. Augustine's lately?

I am sorry to hear that you have entered into schism. I will most certainly pray for you. I don't think that many of our old friends would be very happy about your current state.

As it is, would you please refrain from posting lies about the Work. You and I have conversed about this via email before and I am not interested in re-hashing this with you. You have posted this same post twice now on these boards and have PMed me once. Thanks for respecting my wishes. That is what is inherently Catholic, respect.

Say, the next time that you are at the University Club, have a beer for me.....I really enjoyed the last time that we were there together. You are still a member are you not? And do you still have that baseball card kiosk at MOA? I know that once you got out of the Insurance business you were doing that.....is that still the case?

David, if you want to have a rational discussion about things Catholic, welcome to the board, if not I would suggest that you simply move on. You will not win friends nor will you influence anyone by your incorrect statements.

I will not respond to this as I am

1. Not in the mood.
2. Not interested in re-hashing old arguments with a real life friend.

By the way, I spoke to our mutual friend Allen Young. He says to tell you hello and he is also interested in finding out when you are going to leave that independent priest and return to Holy Mother Church.

May God bless you and keep you......

The Cam42 entity
(Not to be confused with the Crystaline Entity from Star Trek: The Next Generation)