An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Be A Martyr?

White Knight

If you were in China right now, what would you chose if you were arrested and found guilty of practicing Roman Catholicism (it's illegal and a really bad crime)?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say that now, but its another thing to actually have it happen to you.

I'd probally go through with it, actually I would, but it wouldn't be easy lol, never is.

If someone put a gun to my head today and said, "If you don't denounce the Catholic Church as evil right now, I'm going to blow your head off," I would look him in the eye, smile widely, thank God, and praise the Catholic Church as the greatest good the world has ever known.

Hope that answers the question.

Edited by Nathan

I picked the first option, but I can't really definitly say until I'm in that situation. I hope that God would give me the strength not to chicken out.

I have a Chinese friend, and she said that the Catholic Church is outlawed in Chine because of the Vatican and the Pope. Catholics are faithful to the Pope and the Holy See first and their home country second. Communists think you should be loyal to the government first.

Proud2BCatholic139

I would die a martyr to save the lives of others.
Because I know I will get my "New Life" in return.
I don't know, I would really like to be a missionary in China.
It may be a scary thought to some. I will live for the Catholic faith, even if I have to die.
I know my reward will be great in Heaven.

I would rather do everything I could to ensure that people respect each other's religious beliefs so that horrific violence like martyrdom would not exist. People are being martyred all over the world, and it is a sad testimony to how uncivilised this world really is.