An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Servants of the Eternal Word

Totus Tuus

[quote name='jgirl' date='Jan 2 2005, 09:40 PM'] I will definitely send greetings from you guys!

They totally glow. What's random is the last time I went down to see them, I was at an Annemariea Schmidt retreat. My flights were delayed about 9 hours, so instead of getting in around 3 pm on Friday, I got in around 1 am! Sister Marie Bernadette and Sister Louise Marie still picked me up! I was so dead tired by the time breakfast came around because my roommate snored (the Sisters let me sleep through morning prayer and Mass). I totally zoned out during breakfast, listened to the first talk of the day and then went back to bed. I didn't really talk to anybody that day because I spent it sleeping, but then on Sunday during lunch, these women I was sitting with were talking about being Hurricane Refugees, and one of them just stopped and looked at me. She said, "I think you have a vocation! These sisters glow, and darlin' you're glowing right now!" So the entire table started talking about how I, a stranger to them, had a vocation. It was really kind of weird.

I just hope that my flight isn't delayed so long this time, so I can get more out of it, although I think it would be kind of humorous if I had such an extended delay again.

Jen [/quote]
What an awesome story! Thanks for sharing :D

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]Sweetness! I know, it is... man. Where are you from? [/quote]

Pennsylvania. I came down to AL a few days before the retreat. hehe..this is so cool ^_^

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jan 3 2005, 06:10 PM']
Pennsylvania. I came down to AL a few days before the retreat. hehe..this is so cool ^_^ [/quote]
Oh! So you were with Mary M?

daugher-of-Mary

yep! Only I hadn't met her until we got picked up by the Sisters and their minivan at the airport...
Sister commented, "well, it looks like we've picked up the Visitation!" :lol:

Yours in Christ-
Elizabeth

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jan 3 2005, 09:37 PM'] yep! Only I hadn't met her until we got picked up by the Sisters and their minivan at the airport...

Yours in Christ-
Elizabeth [/quote]
That is so funny!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jan 3 2005, 09:37 PM'] yep! Only I hadn't met her until we got picked up by the Sisters and their minivan at the airport...

Yours in Christ-
Elizabeth [/quote]
:lol: :crackup: Nuns are so funny!!!!!

I remember when you two were introduced, sister was like "Meet the Visitation!" (I, being slow, was SO confused. Until it clocked).

We should start a thread on Nun funniness. I have some stooories.

:P

Here is a thread Angela created that has all kinds of cool nun stuff in it.....

[url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=25105&hl=nuns"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=25105&hl=nuns[/url]

but i think you should start a nun funniness thread right here in vocation station :D it'll be a good time

• 5 years later...

These Sisters sound great.

Great site about them:
[url="http://womenreligiousorders.blogspot.com/2009/06/sister-servants-of-eternal-word.html"]http://womenreligiousorders.blogspot.com/2009/06/sister-servants-of-eternal-word.html[/url]

Edited by JoyfulLife

They just clothed two novices and will profess two in August

http://www.sisterservants.org/content/whatsNew.php

Wonderful order.

So adorable, they visited a classroom of young kids and they asked these questions:

[font="TimesNewRomanPSMT"][size="4"][color="#343434"][font="TimesNewRomanPSMT"][size="4"][color="#343434"][font="TimesNewRomanPSMT"][size="4"][color="#343434"]

[left][size="3"]"Why do you wear the habit?"[/size][/left]
[left][size="3"]"Do you ever miss the idea of being a mother?"[/size][/left]
[left][size="3"]"How did you know that God was calling you to be a sister?"[/size][/left]
[left][size="3"]"Is being a nun worth the sacrifices?"[/size][/left]
[left][size="3"]"What would an average day be like in the convent?"[/size][/left]
[left][size="3"]"How did your decision of becoming a nun impact your family?"[/size][/left]
[size="3"][/size]

[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='01 August 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1280717298' post='2150715']
They just clothed two novices and will profess two in August

http://www.sisterservants.org/content/whatsNew.php
[/quote]

Sister Jude (formerly Sister Tracy) used to be a Phatmasser as well. I think her PM name was Veritas99. So glad to see she's become a novice--thanks for the post, Dame!

I met Sr. Louise Marie and Sr. Mary Anthony at the last "Ignite Your Torch" conference in Kentucky.
They are very nice and so open! I've decided to go to Casa... someday. Hopefully soon.

Tally, I love your photo. Is that Saint Francis? He looks so in love! Love it!

Edited by JoyfulLife

JoyfulLife, yes, it's Saint Francis. I always think this is how he must have looked when he got the stigmata. I imagine he was staring at the crucifix. Thanx!

I like your photo, too. Baby Jesus just seems to be saying, "I love my mom! Don't you wish you had her, too?"

Pax!