An Old School Catholic Message Board

Illegal=Immoral

Winchester

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Dec 12 2004, 02:44 AM'] But he wasn't a tyrant -- He simply tried to rule us agian when his Father had neglected us, as for ravaging our coast, burnt our towns etc. It's called propoganda. Only 1/3 of the population wanted independence they imposed it on the other 2/3's a third stayed out of the war and a third violently opposed the rebels. [/quote]
Can you present proof for that please?

Don John of Austria

[quote]I just don't think that the parents should give permission while they're not there (I've seen this happen), nor should they be allowed to give permission to other minors.[/quote]

What they should do and whatthey have the right to do are not the same thing, now I would agree completly they have no authority to grant that right to anyone else's Children.

Don John of Austria

[quote]Can you present proof for that please? [/quote]

Of course, I'm not sure I can at 3 in the morning, but give me a minute and I'll see whatI can do.

I don't know of any laws that do that. Here in Texas I'm allowed to drink as long as my parents are around. Believe me, I'm glad that the law is that parents cannot give their children permission while they are not around them. I know from experience.

[quote]The most common piece of evidence cited in numerous books about the Revolution is a letter of John Adams indicating that one third of the Americans were for the Revolution, another third were against it, and a final third were neutral or indifferent to the whole affair. [/quote]

I actually find this a little sad. Oh well.

[quote]That event was the British decision to send an army from Halifax to occupy Boston in October, 1768. This was an affront to the Standing Army Act, and the Americans thought, of the Constitution itself. The violence of such an occupation led to the Boston Massacre in 1770, the Tea Party in 1773, and the Intolerable Acts a year later.[/quote]

[quote][b]If the British had lost legitimacy, Thomas Paine’s pamphlet “Common Sense,” in January, 1776 succinctly provided an American legitimacy based on Natural Law[/b]. Before the Congress evacuated Philadelphia, it passed a Declaration of Independence ratifying those ideas. Abigail Adams was quite right to question her husband’s statement about just all “men” being created equal.[/quote]

Don John of Austria

If I cannot give my Child permission to do something when I am not there then I cannot in effect parant my own Child, that is a violation of the parents Authority and an intrusion by the state.

Don John of Austria

I don't agree with the authors conclusions about adams letter not being aboutthe american Revolution, I've read the letter ( copies anyway) and he seemed very clear to me.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Dec 12 2004, 02:58 AM'] If I cannot give my Child permission to do something when I am not there then I cannot in effect parant my own Child, that is a violation of the parents Authority and an intrusion by the state. [/quote]
If you do not have supervision, you probably should be careful about giving your child permission for different things anyways. Plus, who could regulate this? All underage drinkers would then say "I have parental permission," and that would just turn into a mess.

Don John of Austria

There is no need for regulation at all the state shouldn't be involved at all, as long as the "teen" is not in the public realm meaning anyhere public, it is none of the states buisness.

Don John of Austria

Well I don't think CPS should exist, If a parent is truely injuring a Child then that is a situation for the police because the State has the right and duty to Protect it's citizens, As I said before this is the primary function of the State. That being said I think what we coonsider abusive is now achieved a ludicrus level, I am a junior High teacher and I will tell you with out any hesitation some of these Children need to be beaten, because if they don't understand that pain is the concequence of their behavior someone else is going to Kill them, and judgeing from there atitudes many of them will not be having a happy afterlife. Unless permanent damage is being done ( mental physical emotional or spiritual [ which of course our state doesn't care about] I don't think it is within the Authority of the State to say anything about it, If permanent damage is being done then that Falls under the States Authority, Drinking in moderation does not do permanent damage.