An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Had To Choose A Denomination Other Than....

CatholicBoy

(Read topic title)  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a funny topic. A funny topic indeed. Orthodoxy would seem like the right answer in this case. Of course, I wouldn't pick it. Why? It's wrong. Why would I be a protestant, especially one with Calvanistic teachigs, when I'd have to live in torment about being saved or not and why my religion came into existance 1500 years after Christ built his Church. I'd probably delve into paganism and the occult. Why? Because all the options listed are rational religions, but other than Catholicism, aren't at all satisfying to the rational thinker who honestly delves into it. So, I'd rather take an emotional religion up, where I don't have to think, but simply do and submit myself to awkward rituals and be satasfied to see some of my incantations work when Satan decides to give a helping hand.

It's still a silly question.

God bless,
Mikey

Oops, I voted without really reading the poll. I voted Catholic, even though I am Catholic! Heh, I can't see myself as anything else! But, out of the choices, I'd probably go with Orthodox.

[quote name='Nathan' date='Sep 11 2005, 05:04 PM']In a manner of speaking, yes. In a very real way, you are without Christ. Sorry, but Protestantism is bogus. The Catholic Church is Christ's Body, and when you deny the Church you deny Christ. You say to Christ, "Your Church is not good enough for me."
[right][snapback]719677[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Better to reject the institution than the savior.

And to the Christian, the body of Christ is the Church. To deny one is to deny the other. I keep my statement that I'd reduce myself to pagan emotionalism and live a life seeking pleasure to the senses. Why? Because without Christ in that Eucharist, I'd simply have an idea of a God, something far from alive to me. To the ancient Hebrews, He left them a token of His existance. To me, He comes to Church and stays there in the Eucharist. To not believe that, I would have to be a new breed of whore to my Faith.

OF course, if you're born Protestant you can't possibly hope to believe that when Christ says this is my Body, he means it. Or that many will walk away because the teachign is too tough (John 6:66). No, that connection isn't made, and that all too important part of the Christian Faith, once denied, removes the very closeness I have with Christ in my day to day life.

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='BLAZEr' date='Nov 15 2003, 09:43 PM']Man, Evelyn Waugh is probably my favorite author.  And Brideshead Revisted is one of my favorite (I'm talking top 3) books of all time.
[right][snapback]57046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did you ever see the video/dvd? Excellent!

Assuming you mean the idea of Real Presence, [quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Sep 13 2005, 02:41 PM']Because without Christ in that Eucharist, I'd simply have an idea of a God, something far from alive to me.[right][snapback]722018[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
How sad. How very, very sad. [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/KsSmilies/Emotions/SadUnhappy/frown.gif[/img]

Edited by Light and Truth