An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Hierarchy

Curious_Protestant

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Sep 29 2004, 12:51 PM'] Depends on the Bible you're reading... :o [/quote]
No it doesn't. The "protestant" version is just part of the Catholic Bible, they lost some books.

[quote name='jasJis' date='Sep 29 2004, 03:19 PM']The "protestant" version is just part of the Catholic Bible, they lost  some books.[/quote]
and in some cases they have slightly mutated meanings. This is, of course, also done in the Catholic versions due to translation problems. But the Catholic versions are approved by The Church so that we know we haven't gone *too* far away from the original translations.

Peace,
Joe :)

HartfordWhalers

[quote name='MagiDragon' date='Sep 29 2004, 06:28 PM'] and in some cases they have slightly mutated meanings. This is, of course, also done in the Catholic versions due to translation problems. But the Catholic versions are approved by The Church so that we know we haven't gone *too* far away from the original translations.

Peace,
Joe :) [/quote]
The Church teches that the Vulgate, the Latin Bible, is equal to the original, so if you know Latin, then you have just as good as the original, so it hasn't strayed at all.... also, for English the Douay-Rheims Bible is a literal translation of the Vulgate, so it, too, has not strayed from the Truth. I would suggest it, since it is a direct translation from what is just as good as the original.

• 5 years later...

[quote name='DojoGrant' date='28 September 2004 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1096424976' post='367379']
Just a note...

Nuns and monks are not part of the heirarchy.
[/quote]

Good point!

And welcome to all protestants seeking enlightenment!

goldenchild17

haha I think some threads just need to be closed after a certain amount of time. Not sure if its in the program's capability to do that automatically or not.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='01 December 2009 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1259698947' post='2012637']
Lolwut? :P
[/quote]
I can't help myself.

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/lolwut.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='01 December 2009 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1259728691' post='2012938']
haha I think some threads just need to be closed after a certain amount of time. Not sure if its in the program's capability to do that automatically or not.
[/quote]
:annoyed:
Way to just trample on someone else's fun...

If you do that, I'd have to find another pass time on phatmass and thems aren't easy to come by if you're not a taco fan.

Edited by Didacus