An Old School Catholic Message Board

Senseless Capitalization Of Certain Nouns

Chris Zewe

When I capitalize "truth," it's in the context of referring to faith and morals, as in God's objective Truth. I do this to put emphasis on the word, to show that I'm referring to a special kind of truth. If I were to say, "I have faith in God," I wouldn't capitalize "faith." But, if I were to say, "The Catholic Faith doesn't allow for that," I capitalize it. The reason for this is, again, emphasis. Not only that, but I'm differentiating between the two.

Does that explain it?

God bless,

Jen

I love Sammiches.
I also love Chez'burghies (roll the 'urgh')
and of course Pasghetti.

Since there is only one Truth (in the Catholic Church) that is why I capitalize it. There are other truth(s) but they change. The Church does not change. Her Truth is the same unchanging perfect Truth since Christ established the Church.

But I think most of these points have been made.

Peace.

• 5 years later...

I commonly capitalize 'Providence' to signify 'Divine Providence' in my writtings, instead of just plain 'providence' which is ordinary providence.

I do this when I know I am writting to secular people and don't want to make the link in what I am saying too obvious, or sometimes simply to test the waters to whom I am writting.

Once someone actually caught it and specifically asked me if I was referring to the divine or if it waqs simply a typo and I had intended to refer to just regular providence. LOL

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='12 September 2004 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1095006245' post='350820']
A few examples I've seen...

Grace
Truth
Love

Etc. Why do you people do this?
[/quote]
A fellow Neopagan! I'm so happy :)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='27 November 2009 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1259351046' post='2010292']
Sorry to burst your bubble; he's been banned for a couple years now.
[/quote]

You know...
No one really likes a 'bublle buster'...
<_<

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='27 November 2009 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1259354338' post='2010331']
Way to Kill this perfectly good Thread, you crazy canadians. <_<
[/quote]
I thought you already killed it by banning a perfectly innocent little atheist. :weep:
:topsy:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='27 November 2009 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1259351046' post='2010292']
Sorry to burst your bubble; he's been banned for a couple years now.
[/quote]
*noticed date of OP*

Aw :sadder: