An Old School Catholic Message Board

Does Bush Care?

P3chrmd

Do President Bush's actions show that he cares about people?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 10 2003, 09:04 PM']We are to obey the authority figures in our government, even if you don't agree with who is in office. God has placed them there for a reason.

I believe that our president, with the hardest job in the world, is cares deeply about his country and doing what is in OUR best interest.
[right][snapback]27542[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying. But I think that people do have a right to protest authority figures, that is part of what makes America great.

I know when Clinton was in office, I was protesting every chance I got!!! :D:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='P3chrmd' date='Sep 12 2005, 07:52 PM']I agree with what you are saying. But I think that people do have a right to protest authority figures, that is part of what makes America great.

I know when Clinton was in office, I was protesting every chance I got!!!  :D:
[right][snapback]721185[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

One is not obliged to obey unjust governments, they reject God and the Authority granted by Him.

[quote name='JP2Iloveyou' date='Sep 10 2003, 09:01 PM']With all due respect, I wholeheartedly disagree with your assertions.  I vote staunchly pro-life, first and foremost.  No pro-choice candidate will ever, and I mean ever, receive my vote unless there is clearly no other alternative.  However, I generally vote for the most conservative option after that. 

Good Friday, in your article, you criticize the Republican run Senate for cutting funding to these programs.  First of all, I've worked on the Hill for a Republican Senator so I think I have some idea of what I'm talking about.  The way the budget is described in Washington is way out of wack.  Say, program A is promised a 10% budget increase.  When the budget actually comes out though, due to compromises in voting, lack of funds, or whatever, they only get a five percent increase.  They will come back and tell you they got a five percent cut.  So, without having the actual figures it is hard to say that these programs were "cut."  On the contrary, I just checked on one of these amendments and it was "to provide ADDITIONAL funding for after school programs."  They didn't cut funding to the program, they just didn't increase it. 

Now, let's say the Senate decided to increase funding for all these government programs.  Who's going to pay for it?  The liberal democrats are already whining and complaining about how Bush "squandered"  a $5 trillion surplus with a TOTAL of about $1.5 trillion in tax cuts, most of which haven't even kicked in yet.  According to the democrats themselves, we don't have the money to pay for this.  On top of that, we are fighting two wars that the Clinton administration conveniently decided to ignore.  Had the Clinton administration (and first Bush administration in Gulf War I) finished their jobs when the World Trade Center was attacked in 1993, when the Kobart Towers were bombed, when the USS Cole was bombed, and when the Kenyan and Tanzanian embassies were bombed, we wouldn't be in this mess. 

In my humble opinion, Uncle Sam already has his hands digging deep enough into my pockets.  Also, I'm not exactly what you would call rich.  I am a 22 year old college seminarian.  So, I'm not just saying this, "in defense of my rich budies."  The truth of the matter is, the poor received the largest PERCENTAGE tax cut and they will pay a higher percentage if taxes are raised to fund all these programs.  Certainly the rich pay a higher DOLLAR AMOUNT but that is because they make so much more.  More could be said on this topic, but it doesn't really relate to the church, so I won't comment on it anymore without it being directly addressed.  I'm sorry if I sound harsh here, but I am a political science major and politics are my passion.  I also wanted to refute some false claims.
[right][snapback]27536[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i think the ideal system would be to keep taxes on the poor low but to heavily tax the rich. Ive always understood that this is what democrats promote. since 5% of the nations population controls 95% or the nations wealth those peoples tax rates should be nearly 50%. If i were to tell a republican that he would get pissed off and call me a communist lol. My opinion is that these selfish people are making enough money to pretty much have anything they want. They dont need more. Those blue collar workers who are underpaid should be getting anywhere from 8 bucks to 25 bucks an hour........even if they "dont deserve it". You know what really spoils my veins is the people who determine "what people deserve" are the ones who sit in a nice air conditioned office.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 13 2005, 02:48 PM']Hes a Bible Believing Christian, its mandontory for him to care about others, its apart of the Faith.
[right][snapback]721966[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I would really like to believe that. I think the whole moral ploy is just another way for republicans to get votes. Republicans are crooked just as democrats.

I agree that most Democracts and alot of Republicans are crooked in some sense. but there are good Republicans out there and good Democrats.

[quote]...Bush lying about the air quality at Ground Zero, and as a result people have developed serious respiratory problems.[/quote]
i voted that Bush doesnt care about others - he is pure evil!
in fact, i take it a step further - he did it on purpose ...somehow it was for the oil
and Hillary knows all this - so i cant wait to vote for her