An Old School Catholic Message Board

Contraception

avemaria40

Is contraception a sin?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly, when i first learned what birth control actually was, i was like, ok, i'll wait till i'm married to sleep w/some1 and then i wouldn't need to use birth control! and i wasn't even Catholic yet!

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:50 PM']what's worse than contraception?  give up?

IRAN CONTRAception....

*groans*
[right][snapback]721491[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Boo. :tomato:

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:50 PM']what's worse than contraception?  give up?

IRAN CONTRAception....

*groans*
[/quote]
That's SO bad.

I've not thought about Iran Contra in a looooong time.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Sep 11 2003, 09:33 PM']Contraception is anything that comes between a married couple to prevent (contra) conception.

Birth Control is using contraception to space, delay or eliminate your children.

Natural FAmily Planning is working with the womens fertility cycle as a couple.
Nothing artifical is done to try to usurp God's role in the Marriage.

Its a matter of timing.
[right][snapback]27862[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So using birth control pills are kinda like using contraception, right? I'm confused!

What is the difference between contraception and pills?? :idontknow:

IRAN CONTRAception....

*groans*
[/quote]

Whats that?

Kristina

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 13 2005, 10:13 AM']What is the difference between contraception and pills??  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]721697[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

nothing at all. pills are a form of contraception.

conctraception is anything that prevents a woman getting pregnent. this includes all the stuff that prevents semen from entering, and all the ways they have the egg not grow once its fertilized, or rather all the ways the egg is prevented frm being fertilized. and to an extent, abortion. basically anything that allows the two to have sex without worrying about having a kid from it.

sidenote: planned parenthood started out of pity for the poor class families that, since they didnt have birth control of any kind just kept having kids that they couldnt support and oftentimes these kids died. amazingly, their answer was to assist in preventing firtilization, (and later killing a kid in the womb - which makes SO much sense. :annoyed: )

the real problem is money and support. why dont they find ways to redistrubute wealth? i mean..this sorta thing would help EVERYONE, but no... lets kill family and make children out to be burdens. and incourage people to have awesome careers and get rich..and..wait......

thats it im REALLY moving to mars.

/end rant

ps: i would just like to say "0wn3d" to anyone who tries to say BC is alright in any christian church in light of IRONMONK'S atom-bomb of bible references.

Edited by Sirklawd

[quote name='Sirklawd' date='Sep 13 2005, 11:47 AM']nothing at all. pills are a form of contraception.

conctraception is anything that prevents a woman getting pregnent. this includes all the stuff that prevents semen from entering, and all the ways they have the egg not grow once its fertilized, or rather all the ways the egg is prevented frm being fertilized. and to an extent, abortion. basically anything that allows the two to have sex without worrying about having a kid from it.

sidenote: planned parenthood started out of pity for the poor class families that, since they didnt have birth control of any kind just kept having kids that they couldnt support and oftentimes these kids died. amazingly, their answer was to assist in preventing firtilization, (and later killing a kid in the womb - which makes SO much sense. :annoyed: )

the real problem is money and support.  why dont they find ways to redistrubute wealth? i mean..this sorta thing would help EVERYONE, but no... lets kill family and make children out to be burdens. and incourage people to have awesome careers and get rich..and..wait......

thats it im REALLY moving to mars.

/end rant

ps: i would just like to say "0wn3d" to anyone who tries to say BC is alright in any christian church in light of IRONMONK'S atom-bomb of bible references.
[right][snapback]721814[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks Sirklawd......

And all of us get pissed when it comes to planned parenthood I think!

:annoyed:

~Kristina

actually the pill works with hormones to attempt to prevent conception. HOWEVER, oftentimes conception happens nonetheless, but not to worry, the pill has a backup and such an embryo is unable to be implanted thanks to the wonderous abortificient pill.

that's how all pills work.

now, the morning-after pill is obviously dead plain abortion. but even hormonal pills AND patches are abortificient, i.e. able to cause abortion.