An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I'm Not Catholic

Chris Zewe

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 25 2004, 11:12 AM'] No, see, telling me that you'll pray that I'll post here will just make me even more reluctant to do so.
[/quote]
Very well, then. You're responsible for your own actions. If you don't want to post here, then don't post here. But, I do think it'd be a cool thing if you did. Would making friends with us really be a terribly bad thing? If you answer yes to that question, feel free to go your own way.

God bless,

Jen

Chris,

I have never seen such a showcase of ignorance. You haven't once refuted anything these "commies" have said. All you can do is accuse us of being sheep.

No conscience? Lets just throw everything life has taught us out the window.

Conscience is that little thing called NATURAL LAW.

We know its WRONG to kill another human being out of anger, but sometimes blind hatred clouds it.

We KNOW its WRONG to steal, and we do it anyway because the voice isnt loud enough.

Man, educate yourself, you're embarrassing the Wiccans.

Oops was I blaming a whole society for being ignorant because of one person? How foolish of me.

• 6 years later...
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Chris,

Reading through the posts and watching the interactions reminded me of one of my favorite Billy Madison quotes:
[quote]Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.[/quote]

I hope that you do stick around so that we can discuss things and mutually help each other to grow in knowledge.

Peace,
Christopher (AMDG)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1301206380' post='2223676']
Chris,

Reading through the posts and watching the interactions reminded me of one of my favorite Billy Madison quotes:

I hope that you do stick around so that we can discuss things and mutually help each other to grow in knowledge.

Peace,
Christopher (AMDG)
[/quote]
He's been banned about half a dozen times.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Oh, shame. He seemed like an interesting guy ;) and definitely reminded me of that quote from the Principal in Billy Madison

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1301207402' post='2223682']
Oh, shame. He seemed like an interesting guy ;) and definitely reminded me of that quote from the Principal in Billy Madison
[/quote]
he is an interesting guy, when he behaves :)

MarkKurallSchuenemann

Before you read the rest, I am not wiccan, but you are a little inaccurate.

[quote name='God Conquers' timestamp='1090590004' post='276561']
Remind me how many scholars are wiccan?

Wait.... none?[/quote]

More than you know actually.

How many famous philosophers?

wait..... none again?[/quote]

How many authors?

none... what is going on here?[/quote]

I bet you've heard of J.K. Rowling.

How many artists?[/quote]

Lots. Probably half of the art works you see in art museums now are from people who are Wiccan.

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='Chris Zewe' timestamp='1090701129' post='278228']
Eh...
[/quote]

If you go off and have sex with someone other than your significant other, and then she calls you out on that, wouldn't you feel guilty and ashamed of what you did.

Well guess what Chris, that is your conscience saying you did something wrong. Unless you are saying you are a sociopath right now - without any idea of what is right and wrong, if you do know what is right or wrong - than you have a conscience.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MarkKurallSchuenemann' timestamp='1301272608' post='2223800']
Before you read the rest, I am not wiccan, but you are a little inaccurate.

[b]I bet you've heard of J.K. Rowling.[/b]

Lots. Probably half of the art works you see in art museums now are from people who are Wiccan.
[/quote]

Over the years, many religious people have decried Rowling's books for supposedly promoting witchcraft. However, Rowling identifies herself as a Christian.

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1301273777' post='2223811']
Over the years, many religious people have decried Rowling's books for supposedly promoting witchcraft. However, Rowling identifies herself as a Christian.
[/quote]

That is true, I just checked it out on MTV.com

however, she really discusses some themes I found very interesting that are involved in the occult world. If you didn't know, bloodlines and the 'purity' of one's blood is very important to the occult world (think purebloods and mudbloods - and how purebloods absolutely hate the mudbloods like Hermione), so she probably has some exposure to that knowledge, and the idea of muggles. There are generational satanists who think of us as 'muggles' - beneath them entirely. Though, I also have the same kind of exposure, and in my storytelling I include it myself - so i guess I couldn't really get into it with her. I would probably find it interesting to have a conversation with her in regards to that world.

Edited by MarkKurallSchuenemann