An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I'm Not Catholic

Chris Zewe

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 23 2004, 11:27 AM'] But the only reason I came here was to get the beaver dam sign @@... [/quote]
perhaps you should try getting a life..... ;)

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 23 2004, 12:27 PM'] But the only reason I came here was to get the beaver dam sign @@... [/quote]
Then I'll just bring your posts to dUSt's attention, and you'll get a new label in no time! How does that sound? :D

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jul 23 2004, 01:40 PM'] Maybe dUSt should change those signs to "Oh, how I wish I was a Catholic" :D [/quote]
ARRRGGGHHH

Now I have the Oscar Mayer Weiner song in my head!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 23 2004, 12:44 PM'] Dust has posted on other topics of mine, I really doubt that he'd care too much... [/quote]
You obviously don't know dUSt all that well. :P He's a busy man, but don't fret, you'll get your precious "I don't rep the Church" sign soon enough. ;)

God Conquers

What makes you think we're mindless?

I'll have you know, the Catholic Church is the single greatest supporter of free will the world has ever known, both in it's theology and application. I would like to see you rebut it, shouldn't be hard, seeing as we're all vegetables.

Freedom does not exist without rules, or rather, ways of life. Try playing soccer or hockey without rules... it smells of elderberries and is no fun.

Same deal with life my friend.

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 23 2004, 12:53 PM'] I posted on this "phorum" because a friend of mine told me that I'd get an "I Do Not Rep. The Church" sign by my name. He also said it was "really 1337". Having posted here, I do not see said sign. And I'd really rather not debate with people who think that explicit lesbian scenes in films are a sign that we're racing towards the apocalypse. I also like people who support free will over mindless following of a religious body. Out. [/quote]
If it's so mindless, why run from a dialog to try to understand why we believe what we believe?

I would think that you are concerned with the truth, is that not so?
I would think that if you are concerned with the truth, that you would want others to know the truth. The truth is good. No one wants to be in something that's false.

The Catholic Church teaches that man has free will. The Church teaches us not to follow her mindlessly, but to ask questions and study. We have an obligation to know our faith. We have an obligation to give reasons for why we believe what we believe.

So, the Catholic Church agrees with you about free will.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Justified Saint

My thoughts exactly. I have free will because I am a Catholic. Thank the Lord for the gift of it!

Outside of Christ there is no such thing as freedom.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jul 23 2004, 01:15 PM'] If it's so mindless, why run from a dialog to try to understand why we believe what we believe?
[/quote]
My guess is that its easier to say "You're commies! I'm out." than to actually have a real discussion where he'll end up painted into a corner and unable to refute the opposing argument...

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 23 2004, 12:27 PM'] But the only reason I came here was to get the beaver dam sign @@... [/quote]
...and maybe the only reason [b]dUSt[/b] is not giving you the sign, is just to make you go bonkers.

You support free will? Read the first two lines of this topic, along with the title and subtitle.

[url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=16224"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=16224[/url]

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 23 2004, 01:48 PM'] You support free will? Read the first two lines of this topic, along with the title and subtitle.

[url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=16224"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=16224[/url] [/quote]
Read the whole article and THEN offer an argument. You can't argue something when you don't have all the info behind the statement. You admitted that you didn't read it all so why don't you start with that and then come back with a real argument.