An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Like The Phatmass Guidelines?

dUSt

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1331502168' post='2399156']
No what I need is for the moderators to get off their high horses and stop being so hypocritical. [Maybe that one will get me banned again?]
[/quote]

:console: there, there.

Vincent Vega

No what I need is for the moderators to get off their high horses and stop being so hypocritical. [Maybe that one will get me banned again?]
[/quote]
You're making yourself look like an [img]http://rlv.zcache.com/the_real_ass_hat-p148754393649826158z8nb8_400.jpg[/img], son.

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

HopefulBride

[/quote]

Pardon me Reza but I am not sure what issue you have had in the past with mods but I've been here for over a year and can't say I see hypocrisy. It's possible you have experienced it but the fact that you are back on here I would think that perhaps it is because you are hoping things might have changed? Wouldn't it help best to stop harping on the past? If I didn't know better, I'd say you have a very heavy chip on your shoulder about the mods.....

Just my 2 cents..

I have always found the mods very fair, responsive, and responsible.

I've tangled a lot more with other posters than I ever have with mods.

HopefulBride

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1331528853' post='2399451']
If you want them to be nice, you just have to bribe them.
[/quote]

hahaha. With gluten-free treats.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1331527732' post='2399434']
Pardon me Reza but I am not sure what issue you have had in the past with mods but I've been here for over a year and can't say I see hypocrisy. It's possible you have experienced it but the fact that you are back on here I would think that perhaps it is because you are hoping things might have changed? Wouldn't it help best to stop harping on the past? If I didn't know better, I'd say you have a very heavy chip on your shoulder about the mods.....

Just my 2 cents..
[/quote]

When moderators and individual posters can use personal attacks and insults on non-catholics but the minute a non-catholic calls them out on it, he gets banned. I'd say that's pretty hypocritical. It hasn't just been me, it's been many other non-catholics too. You might be correct to say that I have a heavy chip on my shoulder about the mods. That is because I have had substantial evidence behind my problems with them and it has been ignored even when the personal attacks have included the most inappropriate of comments.

Note: I've been posting here off and on for probably closer to a decade.

Edited by RezaMikhaeil

HopefulBride

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1331566094' post='2399579']
When moderators and individual posters can use personal attacks and insults on non-catholics but the minute a non-catholic calls them out on it, he gets banned. I'd say that's pretty hypocritical. It hasn't just been me, it's been many other non-catholics too. You might be correct to say that I have a heavy chip on my shoulder about the mods. That is because I have had substantial evidence behind my problems with them and it has been ignored even when the personal attacks have included the most inappropriate of comments.

Note: I've been posting here off and on for probably closer to a decade.
[/quote]

It [i]is [/i]possible that the issues you have in the past are no longer an issue right now. Perhaps it might help to give all parties the benefit of the doubt and not judge based on what happened in the past but on whatever you might observe from this point on.

In either case, welcome back! it's always good to see new pholks (well new for me). Hope your experience on this phorum is as positive as mine has been.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1331573277' post='2399637']
It [i]is [/i]possible that the issues you have in the past are no longer an issue right now. Perhaps it might help to give all parties the benefit of the doubt and not judge based on what happened in the past but on whatever you might observe from this point on.

In either case, welcome back! it's always good to see new pholks (well new for me). Hope your experience on this phorum is as positive as mine has been.
[/quote]

I appreciate your sincerity, but no it's not possible. I say this because I have witnessed it happen by the same group of moderators over and over again, for years on end. Last occurance happened six months ago. In which a moderator has personally attacked me, and then I was banned because I'd mentioned it publically, which is against the rules here [what a stupid rule]. If moderators are allowed to break the rules by personally attacking people, then ban people for breaking the stupidest rule of all, by calling them out on it. Then how can it be a posetive experience?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1331641614' post='2400052']
I appreciate your sincerity, but no it's not possible. I say this because I have witnessed it happen by the same group of moderators over and over again, for years on end. Last occurance happened six months ago. In which a moderator has personally attacked me, and then I was banned because I'd mentioned it publically, which is against the rules here [what a stupid rule]. If moderators are allowed to break the rules by personally attacking people, then ban people for breaking the stupidest rule of all, by calling them out on it. Then how can it be a posetive experience?
[/quote]

Well, then... if this place is so horrible, why are you here?

Basilisa Marie

Reza, the mods are people too, and they aren't going to be perfect. Sure, I've been called out for making a personal attack that I didn't think was any different from what anyone else was saying. But it doesn't matter. Mods enforce the rules the best way they see fit. That's how the internet works. You gotta let it go, man. It's just teh internets.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1331526449' post='2399411']
You're making yourself look like an [img]http://rlv.zcache.com/the_real_ass_hat-p148754393649826158z8nb8_400.jpg[/img], son.
[/quote]
Stop plagiarising!

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1331566094' post='2399579']
When moderators and individual posters can use personal attacks and insults on non-catholics
[/quote]
The establishment is never popular!
[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1331528027' post='2399438']
I have always found the mods very fair, responsive, and responsible.

[/quote]
They must be I'm still here!

Vincent Vega

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1331644007' post='2400063']
[/quote]
srsly

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1331644007' post='2400063']
[/quote]

This same argument is used by liberals when people protest them taking away the liberties of american citizens. It's a stupid question that attempts to undermine the primary problems.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1331654775' post='2400111']
Reza, the mods are people too, and they aren't going to be perfect. Sure, I've been called out for making a personal attack that I didn't think was any different from what anyone else was saying. But it doesn't matter. Mods enforce the rules the best way they see fit. That's how the internet works. You gotta let it go, man. It's just teh internets.
[/quote]

I don't deny that they are people and aren't perfect. The problem is when they don't hold themselves to human standards. If they aren't perfect and make mistakes, then they should be willing to admit them and take criticism for what they have done wrong publically. Not ban the people that criticize them publically, when they know that it is warrented.

Mods do enforce rules the best way the see fit and in many cases that is silencing the people whom they have personally attacked. This is the problem with unlimited power used to silence those whom one disagrees with.