An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Politics

Didacus

Vincent Vega

I like the initiative.

And FD, we know you think religion is bunk and a bore. What I don't understand is why you'd come to a Catholic forum, to a post about a Catholic voter education program, and post nothing more than a yawning face.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1641979' date='Aug 29 2008, 07:55 PM']I like the initiative.

And FD, we know you think religion is bunk and a bore. What I don't understand is why you'd come to a Catholic forum, to a post about a Catholic voter education program, and post nothing more than a yawning face.[/quote]
Because I have the freedom of opinion and every right to express it regardless of what kind of forum this is. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I have to go away. We call that being closed minded ;)

Vincent Vega

Didn't say you didn't.

Didn't say you did.

And don't say I am.

I was only thinking aloud. You can waste your free time however you see fit, no skin off my teeth.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1641979' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:55 PM']I like the initiative.

And FD, we know you think religion is bunk and a bore. What I don't understand is why you'd come to a Catholic forum, to a post about a Catholic voter education program, and post nothing more than a yawning face.[/quote]
If FD thought this was a bore he would not be posting :).

You're not getting the message...

[b][color="#DDA0DD"][size=7]SHE'S A HOCKEY MOM![/size][/color][/b]

I think I'm in love...

Well, I sure am glad the Canadians are all excited over Palin. :lol: Hopefully we'll get most of the American people just as excited.

Edited by Justin86

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Justin86' post='1642931' date='Aug 30 2008, 10:16 PM']Well, I sure am glad the Canadians are all excited over Palin. :lol: Hopefully we'll get most of the American people just as excited.[/quote]
I know I am. :D
...the newspapers are alternating between "this is a mistake" and "this is a very bold, intelligent move"... in the same issue.

If the practicing Catholics in this country banded together to make their voices heard, we could be a great influence for positive change. We are about 25% of the population. That is a lot of voices.
Thanks for sharing the info and the websites.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1643290' date='Aug 31 2008, 10:37 AM']Yes Deb, but how many of us are Catholics and how many of us are "catholics"?[/quote]

Good point.
But I think that if there were a truly Catholic option, instead of always having to be pushing into voting for a less than desirable candidate and a less than desirable party, that there would be a response.

Remember that it can't be just ONLY Catholics that have these values, surely there are other people in the country who also would vote for a Catholic friendly candidate.

Personally, in the next election I am voting for Winchester.
I can't right now, he is one year too young, but next election...ON the ballot!

princessgianna

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='23355' date='Aug 28 2003, 03:29 PM']I don't believe either the Democratic Party or the Republican Party reflects Catholic Church values. I agree with the Democratic Party's once-proud tradition of being a fighter for the working men and women. But I also strongly disagree with its anti-life, anti-family agenda.

ZE03082623[/quote]

I agree to that!

the only reason why i am a republican is you have to protect innocent life. if you don't protect life then you don't have anything. I am against the death role but 43 guilty men a YEAR to 2,600 (it is around to that number) innocent babies a DAY! You do have to pick at the lesser evil.

only my thoughts!

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1643298' date='Aug 31 2008, 11:53 AM']I agree to that!

the only reason why i am a republican is you have to protect innocent life. if you don't protect life then you don't have anything. I am against the death role but 43 guilty men a YEAR to 2,600 (it is around to that number) innocent babies a DAY! You do have to pick at the lesser evil.

only my thoughts![/quote]

except the rebublicans are anything but pro-life. Look at all the people they have killed due to the Iraq war. Abortion is not the only aspect we are called to be pro-life on. We as Catholics are called to be pro-life on all matters of life, not just one aspect.

You do not have to pick a lesser evil. There are other canidates besides rebulicans and democrates. If enough people stopped having a mind set similar to yours (vote for the lesser evil) a 3rd party person could be president. Its already happened in the house and the senate, it CAN happen in the white house.

Don't pick the lesser of 2 evils, pick the canidate which does not go against your morals, even if that canidate is a third party person.