An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Guardian Angel Has My Back

Didacus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1898243' date='Jun 22 2009, 12:48 AM']The word [i]angelus[/i] does indeed have a grammatical gender. It is masculine, as are the names [i]Michael[/i], [i]Gabriel[/i], and [i]Raphael[/i].

However, angels, as they are pure spirits, do not have sex. (Don't laugh.)[/quote]
Teehee... youngin's :rolleyes:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1898261' date='Jun 22 2009, 01:09 AM']I think he meant physical sex[/quote]

I did mean physical sex, since I think the term [i]gender[/i] should be reserved for discussion of grammar and not used to discuss biology.

Edited by Resurrexi

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1898381' date='Jun 22 2009, 05:13 AM']I did mean physical sex, since I think the term [i]gender[/i] should be reserved for discussion of grammar and not used to discuss biology.[/quote]
Oh.

K.

Pauly Walnuts

one time I golf ball hit by my father was coming straight at me. It was coming straight at my head. But it curved around in the last second.

1. Golf balls curve slowly if you hit it with a club, this curved really on an instant. Thats the most that has happened to me.

tinytherese

[quote name='Pauly Walnuts' post='1898793' date='Jun 22 2009, 03:45 PM']why is this even in the debate section?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing.

Oh and if anyone thinks that I felt called to name my guardian angel Benedict through thinking that I knew my guardian angel's name, I didn't. I just felt like honoring The Holy Father.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1898812' date='Jun 22 2009, 03:01 PM']I was wondering the same thing.

Oh and if anyone thinks that I felt called to name my guardian angel Benedict through thinking that I knew my guardian angel's name, I didn't. I just felt like honoring The Holy Father.[/quote]
Yes - I think maybe it was here, but maybe not, that we had a discussion about naming one's angel, and came to the consensus that asking the name of the angel was bad, because you might get the name of a not-so-favourable being instead. If you wanted to just give your angel a "nickname" to call him by, that isn't as big of a problem. I'll see if I can find the thread.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1891294' date='Jun 15 2009, 09:42 AM']:yes:

And a great to saint to read on this subject would be Saint Pio! He had an amazing relationship with his guardian angel.[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong,

I think Pio's GA was the virgin Mary was it not?

If I remember right...

I'll check my book to see...

Vincent Vega

[quote name='QuoteMan' post='1900981' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:27 PM']Correct me if I'm wrong,

I think Pio's GA was the virgin Mary was it not?

If I remember right...

I'll check my book to see...[/quote]
It couldn't be.
The Virgin Mary wasn't an angel - she was a human.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

something interesting......Angel means "messenger of God".

The correct term for the angels we are speaking of would be the pure spirits (pure spirit meaning %100 spirit)

Now the Angel that has the key to the bottomless pit could be Mary(in the book of Apocalypse)
according to Fr. Stefano Gobbi(private revalation) of the Marian Movement of Priests.

For we know Mary to be a messenger of God. Fatima,Lourdes,la salette.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' post='1901019' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:11 PM']For we know Mary to be a messenger of God. Fatima,Lourdes,la salette.[/quote]
Moses, Isaiah, and all the other prophets were messengers of God. None of them were angels.

I looked at my book, I thought Mary was Pio's protector, because she once healed him; it turns out, she's not.

I'll read my book again, and find out who the GA was...