An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Guardian Angel Has My Back

Didacus

I have the bestest guardien angel ever. Wouldn't trade him for any other angel - that's right. Arch Angels included and combined!

My GA not only continues to protect me, but has saved me from serious injury or death...

When I was eight years old or so, two of my friends and I set off along an abandoned railway to see where it went.

The tracks had long ago been removed.

The railway was built well before OSHA or other agency had laid out any safety rules. As a result, when the railway crossed over a stream, there were no guardrails, etc.

Over the passage of time, some of the granite chips ( in terms of granite, a chip may be up to approximately 3' X 8' X 2' in size ), had fallen into the stream below.

My friends went down the bank of the stream to see what they could see. As they were exploring, I was looking out over the scenery.

The friends called to me to see what they had found.

As I looked down to see what they were talking about, vertigo took over and I felt myself starting to fall forward off of the bridge.

As I was starting to fall, I felt a strong right hand ( yes, I know it was a right hand ) on my left shoulder. The hand pulled me to safety.

I turned to thank my friend(s) for saving me, only to find that there was no one there...

Do I thank my GA, you betchya.

[quote name='Dan' post='1888389' date='Jun 11 2009, 09:18 AM']My GA not only continues to protect me, but has saved me from serious injury or death...

When I was eight years old or so, two of my friends and I set off along an abandoned railway to see where it went.

The tracks had long ago been removed.

The railway was built well before OSHA or other agency had laid out any safety rules. As a result, when the railway crossed over a stream, there were no guardrails, etc.

Over the passage of time, some of the granite chips ( in terms of granite, a chip may be up to approximately 3' X 8' X 2' in size ), had fallen into the stream below.

My friends went down the bank of the stream to see what they could see. As they were exploring, I was looking out over the scenery.

The friends called to me to see what they had found.

As I looked down to see what they were talking about, vertigo took over and I felt myself starting to fall forward off of the bridge.

As I was starting to fall, I felt a strong right hand ( yes, I know it was a right hand ) on my left shoulder. The hand pulled me to safety.

I turned to thank my friend(s) for saving me, only to find that there was no one there...

Do I thank my GA, you betchya.[/quote]

This does not seem strange to me in the least.
I thank my GA too, on a regular basis, sometimes out of the blue.

I can't wait to meet my GA face to face.

buzzoff1031

I know we have a GA. But, being that I'm BRAND NEW to being Catholic (being confirmed on Corpus Christi, June 14) I have a couple of questions. I know there are certain prayers for given saints and the GA prayer and the like. But can you just talk to these saints and your GA and archangels and whatnot like you can Jesus? Sorry for a relatively newbie question...ok, really newbie question. But I'm so lost sometimes still!

Sure. By the power of God, you may have words with this being. Think of the prayer as said above: "to whom God's love commits thee here". If God holds the GA into existence at your side, I'm sure God is more than willing that you two can communicate.

buzzoff1031

I have a LOT to learn about my Catholic faith! I'm so excited about the richness the Church offers to bolster our Faith! :clap:

Excellent start! Catechism will help. Find friends... PM will help too. Lots to read cause there's 2000 years of happenings amongst many peoples. It truly is a rich testament of how Christ changed the world.

Edited by Sacred Music Man

[color="#483D8B"]If I may help anyone connect with their GA you can try this -(or not)

Stand peacefully and tell your GA as you gently lean left that this is "No"
Then lean right and say, "This is Yes." (Or forward and backward, whatever you like)

Then ask the GA to "demonstrate" or show you Yes and No.

You will smile with the direct response.

After you get use to this - you can then refine it to -This head leaning to the left is No and head lean to the right is Yes --(Or forward and backward lean).

As you fine tune this ---you can say to the GA --This "feeling" is No and this "feeling" is Yes.

So that you can "secretly" have guidance on anything -even ---Is this food going to make me ill(if you suspect the kitchen of uncleanliness) or Is this person contagious even tho they say they aren't -should I not hug them? (I made these up!) Should I turn left here?

Connecting with your Guardian Angel you will find will naturally keep you more atuned (focused) to the things above and not on the earth. Col 3:2 :) :)

And thank you so much for this thread.

God bless,
Jon[/color]

buzzoff1031

I really didn't know that, given you have faith, you can such direct interaction with Angels, Saints, The Blessed Mother and Christ Himself! Before discovering the depth of prayer in the Church (having been raised Baptist), I was dead in prayer...now I have a habit of prayer to build! I can't wait to start interacting with all these beings here to aid us!

I would be slow to adapt Jon's methods for many reasons. One being that you can "trick" yourself into believing certain things that your angel is "telling" you, and two, you want to be careful that you don't open yourself up to evil disguised as good. Be slow and pray about your angel. It's a relationship and a private matter that should be treated like a companionship with another person, I think.

missionseeker
:yes:

And a great to saint to read on this subject would be Saint Pio! He had an amazing relationship with his guardian angel.

inunionwithrome

I always tell my children that if you are a boy you do not necessarily have a boy angel and if you are a girl you do not necessarily have a girl angel. You can have a girl angel if you are a boy and a boy angel if you are a girl. The guardian angel will tell you their names. Ask for you and be real quiet and listen. St. Gabriel is mine and I"m a girl!

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1891294' date='Jun 15 2009, 09:42 AM']:yes:

And a great to saint to read on this subject would be Saint Pio! He had an amazing relationship with his guardian angel.[/quote]

[color="#000080"]Really? Thanks..."Padre" Pio had such a ring to it. :

God bless,
Jon[/color]

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1891294' date='Jun 15 2009, 10:42 AM']:yes:

And a great to saint to read on this subject would be Saint Pio! He had an amazing relationship with his guardian angel.[/quote]

Yezzir!!! :smokey: