An Old School Catholic Message Board

Genesis 2:24

little2add

[21] Then the Lord God cast a deep sleep upon Adam: and when he was fast asleep, he took one of his ribs, and filled up flesh for it. [22] And the Lord God built the rib which he took from Adam into a woman: and brought her to Adam. [23] And Adam said: This now is bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called woman, because she was taken out of man. [24] Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh. [25] And they were both naked: to wit, Adam and his wife: and were not ashamed.

Once the leaving has taken place you can now cleave which means to overtake , stick to, cling, stay with, pursue closely, follow hard. 

Cleaving must be maintained through hard trials, sickness, financial pressures, crisis, drama with children, mistakes and hurt.

--------------  Will you have this woman to be your wife, to live together in the sacred estate of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, be faithful and CLEAVE to her, as long as you both shall live?

veritasluxmea

yeah I have a high school vocabulary and can google search bible verses with the best of them. I'm wondering where the debate here is...? 

Edited by veritasluxmea

yeah I have a high school vocabulary and can google search bible verses with the best of them. I'm wondering where the debate here is...? 

No idea. I just wanted to post something in the thread. Frankly I have little to add.

CLEAVE

spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionpro

yeah, like some of the other deep theological debates are...

Debate Over The Right To Compel People To Make Gay/antigay Cakes Why Is Transgender(ism ?) Homosexuality Not A Mental Disorder

it is very strange i today's mod-a-go-go to think of the passage Genesis 2:24 as normal or even queer

sorry for sounding silly

yeah, like some of the other deep theological debates are...

Debate Over The Right To Compel People To Make Gay/antigay Cakes Why Is Transgender(ism ?) Homosexuality Not A Mental Disorder

Isn’t it very strange that in today's generation of modern-a-go-go thinking the passage "Genesis 2:24" is considered abnormal, undesirable or even weird.

sorry for sounding silly

Edited by little2add