An Old School Catholic Message Board

18 Year Old Girl Announces Engagement To Father

PhuturePriest

MarysLittleFlower

Not sure what you mean, but if a society is against God we have no obligation to agree with it. Popular does not mean right. Truth is not determined by how many agree or disagree with it.

Whether it's true or not, what could stop from such a thing becoming a reality? With moral relativism there is nothing wrong with incest. 

Not sure what you mean, but if a society is against God we have no obligation to agree with it. Popular does not mean right. Truth is not determined by how many agree or disagree with it.

I'm always happy to see someone reject democracy.

• 2 weeks later...
ChristianGirlForever

This post doesn't make any sense, either. I'm sorry. Is it supposed to be a joke?

This post doesn't make any sense, either. I'm sorry. Is it supposed to be a joke?

It does make sense, you just don't understand it.

ChristianGirlForever

It does make sense, you just don't understand it.

Haha, that's possible. I don't understand many things. :)

PhuturePriest

Haha, that's possible. I don't understand many things. :)

The premise of democracy is that popular opinion is what's most important, regardless of what the truth actually is. If 80% of people vote in an orange for president, the orange becomes president, regardless of the consequences. Whatever the mob says, goes, regardless of the truth.

ChristianGirlForever

Thank you for the explanation, Future Priest. After I reread Winchester's post, I realized what he meant. He has a very unique writing style that I am still getting accustomed to. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So long as marriage is seen as a contract between two consenting adults, pretty much anything goes.

This is simply the logical progression of the secular point of view.

Catholic doctrine will never follow suit of course.  But sadly, there is no reason to see this as surprising.

I second the notion.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on diner.  It is not a flawless system.

Actually, if they're been dating and having sex for 2 years that means she was 16 when this began. That is definitely illegal in most parts of the world.