An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jihad Terrorism / The War On Drugs

superblue

The title alone sums up what I am wondering.

" The War on Drugs " started long ago, and pretty sure the result of the drug explosion in society was the D.E.A ..... and years n years later, that " War on Drugs " still continues.

So is this what is now happening, with this Islam extremism / jihad terrorism,   is it the new never ending war ?

I keep seeing news reports on now the big thing is advertising for these Islamic terror groups, think of it like an ad campaign to join the U.S Military , but with out all the glitz an glam of a commercial,  so these terrorists are performing their own sort of PR campaign to get people to join them, usually young impressionable people. An so that leaves people to fight the issues on multiple levels not just force vs force.

Can we realistically expect any government to squash this ?

Or  are we going to eventually see some new global task force with some name like  S.H.I.E.L.D ?

That is constantly fighting....

Edited by superblue

veritasluxmea

Or  are we going to eventually see some new global task force with some name like  S.H.I.E.L.D ?

As much as I think that wouldn't really work out well in reality, the fangirl in me did scream a little when I read that... 

Besides, SHIELD isn't an international task force. It's solely backed by the US military and serves US interest (as well as their own agenda). In real life, the US military already acts like a global task force in real life (sort of) without SHIELD. 

As much as I think that wouldn't really work out well in reality, the fangirl in me did scream a little when I read that... 

Besides, SHIELD isn't an international task force. It's solely backed by the US military and serves US interest (as well as their own agenda). In real life, the US military already acts like a global task force in real life (sort of) without SHIELD. 

hilarious, yeah I am a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D as well, the Tv show anyhow I don't have the time to invest in comic books.... or the money...

but that reference was really just an example, I couldn't think of something as cool as that to reference  fighting terrorism...

And the military really isn't the force you wana see roaming around the streets of Paris, or Boston, or where ever,,

but if there is something formed it should have a cool name, and agents that know martial arts and have spy gear, maybe even super powers.

You can't have a war on drugs, or poverty, or terrorism, or any other faceless thing. Wars are fought against people, and inevitably, the "war on drugs" will be fought on people who need help to overcome serious poverty and addiction. The war on poverty is inevitably a war on the poor. The war on terrorism is inevitably a war on people who look like terrorists.