An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's Better?

qfnol31

Which one is the better?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Maddalena' post='221689' date='Jun 14 2004, 01:05 AM']xD I like the way you think. Anyhoo, I voted for St. John the Beloved because, while it's awesome that Jesus gave St. Peter the keys to the Church, Jesus gave St. John his mother to watch over. Now that is purdy darn cool. o_O Also, he was at the cross with the three Mary's. It's also always said that St. John was His favorite. :P I like to think of Mary Magdalene as Jesus's second favorite. She was the first person to see Him ressurected afterall. Hmm... I forgot what else I was going to say. Expect an edit of this post. :rolling:

Edit: Oh, yeah, I also LOVE how St. John is portrayed in the Passion. The same goes with Mary Magdalene in the movie.[/quote]

Yea The Passion's portrayal of Mary, the mother of God is my favorite too

I would have to say that St. Peter is more important Saint than St. John since St. Peter is always listed before St. John when those two Apostles are included in liturgical lists of Saints (e.g. Communicantes in the Roman Canon and the Litany of the Saints).

Groo the Wanderer

St. John was a better runner (he got to the empty tomb first)

St. Peter was a better fisherman

St. John saw a vision of Heaven

St. Peter walked on water

St. John took care of Mother Mary

St. Peter took care of Christ's flock

St. John has 5 books in the NT

St. Peter has 2 keys

Winner: St. Joseph - for being the perfect model of what a man, husband, and father should be.

nanner nanner nanner!

tinytherese

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1836882' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:30 PM']St. John the Baptist, however, is a greater Saint than even St. Joseph.[/quote]

No saint can compare with Our Lady though.