An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's Better?

qfnol31

Which one is the better?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well i choose St. john because ...... first all thats my name and plus he was the beloved disciple... and i want to the beloved disciple ...... well everyone should want to... so thats my reason

Mickey's_Girl

I put St. John because I love him most (I agree, "better" is really un-figurable). He was a poet ("In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."--it doesn't get any better than that! :wub: ), and also, because when I read what he wrote, somehow he speaks to me in a way that Peter doesn't. I relate to John, somehow.

Not that Peter isn't totally cool. 'Cause he is. I just like John the best. :)

MG

1337 k4th0l1x0r

I give the edge to St. Peter. He's the first pope and a martyr. St. John was, however, told by Jesus to be the first to love Mary as his mother.

They're both cool and enjoying the afterlife with JC and the BVM now.

Child of God

Weren't the apostles rebuked by Christ for asking the same type question????

Any one remember when they were trying to decide who would sit at the right hand of Christ?

[quote name='P3chrmd' date='Jun 11 2004, 12:40 PM'] MARY MAGDALENE WAS THE BEST!  :saint:  :cheer: [/quote]
xD I like the way you think. Anyhoo, I voted for St. John the Beloved because, while it's awesome that Jesus gave St. Peter the keys to the Church, Jesus gave St. John his mother to watch over. Now that is purdy darn cool. o_O Also, he was at the cross with the three Mary's. It's also always said that St. John was His favorite. :P I like to think of Mary Magdalene as Jesus's second favorite. She was the first person to see Him ressurected afterall. Hmm... I forgot what else I was going to say. Expect an edit of this post. :rolling:

Edit: Oh, yeah, I also LOVE how St. John is portrayed in the Passion. The same goes with Mary Magdalene in the movie.

Edited by Maddalena

[quote name='Child of God' date='Jun 13 2004, 10:59 PM'] Weren't the apostles rebuked by Christ for asking the same type question????

Any one remember when they were trying to decide who would sit at the right hand of Christ? [/quote]
LoL, that was outta pride...this is outta fun. :)

voiciblanche

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jun 14 2004, 12:14 AM'] LoL, that was outta pride...this is outta fun. :) [/quote]
Lol. It's more out of Amber and Jason fighting with Zach over who's cooler. Hehe.

voiciblanche

Yeah... but that whole thing about being made a priest, bishop, cardinal, and Pope in [i]one day[/i] is pretty impressive.

Of course, St. John is still the coolest.

• 4 years later...
tinytherese

They both are cool.

St. Peter "rocks" and St. John is hmm...can't come up with something clever to use for him.

This thread totally reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite "Vote for Pedro."

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='qfnol31' post='217749' date='Jun 11 2004, 12:01 AM']He's the one who described himself as the "beloved disciple." :)[/quote]

No because it is quite possible that John himself didn't write John's Gospel, followers of John did, from their masters ideas I think... don't shoot me

Also, John was the blevoded apostle because Jesus liked talking to him because John was quiet and thats why He entrusted John with the Queen of the Universe